Challenge #616 (10/4/15) Entries CLOSED

This is what i’m working on not done yet
Looks goofy to me.LOL:D

here’s my current progress. Hopefully I’ll have a bit more time…

Looks good, Modron.:smiley:

thanks man, I want to give him teeth and hair and stuff if I get the chance.

What’s going on this week has everyone been taking super art creation pills or something :slight_smile: some really nice work so far, @@RobertT you sould post those in finished projects after they look really polished, as good (or better) as anything I see there.

Here’s mine and a little sculpt sequence, retopology a little dense but I could easily drop out some loops if I wanted a lower poly one, enjoy! This is my favourite piece I’ve created so for for these weekly challenges made me laugh creating it.

As challenging as blender can be sometimes, sometimes I just hit one button and it just works and it’s amazing, the middle hair was just that I thought I haven’t tried hair dynamics before lets click that and add a wind force and some motion blur and hit play and it just worked, awesome I was expecting a fight :).

“Bad Hair Day Come Good”

Sculpt

@Umii Nice.:smiley:

I agree with Umii…really high standard on all entries and so fun watching :). It was years since I saw those little creatures Umii. Don’t know if they was called the same in all countries but for me they are fine samples of the monchichi trolls.

photox and robert, did you go together on this one? the good and the bad one, both have a simular style :smiley:

Modron: Nice! Looking forward to seeing that finished!

Umii: Thanks! Your entry is looking very good as well.

finalbarrage: No.

RobertT

Hello,
This is my PURE entry “The real trollveggen” I have used sapling and ivy gen for vegetation and sculpted the other things. Rendered with Cycles 400s. I haven’t got much time for this and I have no skills to do it better but I hope I would not lower the level of works here.

I forgot to mention where the textures come from. texturemate.com and HDRI-hub.com I thought this is important to credit when somebody do something more or less pro publico bono.

@Robert, thanks, yours is outstanding, btw.

Umiis troll är inte en Monchichi, utan Lyckotroll, å kallades de så mina barn var små. Monchchi är en apa.

Umis troll is not Monchichi, but a Goodluck troll, they was called so when my children were small. Monchchi is a monkey

party trolls

thx Umii, this weekend mostly rig work. I’m learning to animate.

Modron: Thanks so much! I had some more time to refine this today, so I updated my entry with some more sculpted details and a higher render quality.

Excellent work, everyone!

Have a great week!

RobertT

Sorry guys i’m out of this one saved my file but, didnt let blender completly close and my file became currupt.
guess i’ll use the image i posted as entry.:frowning:

here it is cropted what i had “Albert Troll”

As seems to be the case with many this week, here is an uncompleted piece. Seems the weeks when there is a good theme is the weeks I have the least amount of time.

“Troll Sophistication”. Cycles, 100 samples, some textures of the internet. This is all poly modeling so far (hoping to not have to do a re-top), no sculpting as of yet (plan to if I find more time). Also want to add buttons and pockets.

Great entries everyone. I thought about doing the troll dolls like Umi, but figured there would be a bunch of them.

Attachments

There have been a lot of really great pictures here! I have to say I love Umii’s work this week. Funny good luck trolls. :stuck_out_tongue:
Here is a lazy creature I made, I didn’t have much time to spend on it. Hope you like.
Stone Troll.

thanks Rachel, yours is really nice loving the skin detail and texturing he/she has real character, looks great!