Challenge #610 (26/2/15) Entries CLOSED

Here you go it is speedwell it comes in the weeds extra with the grass essentials pack, I don’t think it could be much simpler without loosing the form obviously if you were going to just do distance shots all the time it could be simpler but I think this is a good compromise, there are about 10 variations in each system these are of average complexity there are some simple one stem ones as well. The detail is faked with transparent png’s to keep poly count down but the look of it which seems sensible. The node setup looks well thought out as well and also includes procedural randomness in the colour variation, a clever custom attribute to control wetness etc. and the latest release has animation controls but I haven’t played with them yet. I’m having no issues rendering 40,000+ particle systems with the pack in a sensible amount of time obviously depending on the overall scene.

I’ve been very impressed with it, it just works to be honest this is the first time I looked at any of the detail because of that :slight_smile:

i actually really like photox’s post. the blur and fog fits the theme really well! :slight_smile:

heaven

Thank you :slight_smile:

Title: Living the Dream

Pure entry, rendered in Cycles.

Here’s my Entry:
“Dreams, portals to other worlds”

Everything was done in less than 2 hours.

Well, I had a lot less time than I though I would. Didn’t even get to finish modelling everything, but at least I was able to participate this week. Good luck y’all.