Challenge #610 (26/2/15) Entries CLOSED

Every morning my alarm goes off and kills any dreams I may have been experiencing. And thus I present…

“Death of a Dream”. Pure, Blender Internal with slight edge render. No compositing and only post was adding border and title in Paint.net. I also made the clock face texture in Paint.net

Good luck everyone.

Attachments

hehe 3 really cool entries so far :slight_smile:

i was not thinking of replacing the weekend challange, just as a one time contest. but yeah it would probably be a bit hard to manage. and cheating is a thing. :confused:

Hi guys
Pure entry. Rendered in Cycles, and some touches in the Compositor. Would love to add more to it but I’m very busy this week

Hope you like it

That’s awesome, love it :slight_smile:

Here’s mine, cycles, pure I think, all mine except the grass (again :slight_smile: ) the person I’m half way through rigging her but it’s all my own work and mesh so I guess that’s ok. Not what I was going to do to start with at all, it sort of evolved, finding these challenges really good to make me focus and have to leave stuff and stop fiddling as well :slight_smile:

http://i.imgur.com/quP507xl.jpg

Modelled after a strange dream I had a few months ago. At least as close as I could come.

Really nice entry kidus. I would sure love to know how you achieved it.

probably just two render layers and an alpha map.

i see a lot of awesome entries this week, well done guys :slight_smile:

I want to add some more stuff, but I am not sure how much time I will have this weekend, so here is my current progress:
(edit) updating image…
Dreamscape

noo, mordon :confused: you reminded me of a sad video :confused:

funny thing is that the video is also related to “dream” :slight_smile: cause the bird is living his dream :slight_smile:

Here is my non-competing entry:

Dreaming: Chuang Tzu or the Butterfly

Here’s a link to some information about the story inspiring this image.

RobertT

Dreaming of you

Here is mine. What is the best dream than flying amongst the clouds? Based from a animated film from my childhood.

Thanks Umii, glad you liked it!

It’s quite simple really, like finalbarrage said, I rendered two separate images. I had to render only part of the second image and overlay that on top of the first render in the Compositor. Glad you liked it!

is that made in blender?

finalbarrage: Yes, of course.

RobertT

Umii: it’s possible to see a close up and wireframe of the grass with the blue flowers(speedwell?), to have an idea about the complexity.

Good job everyone, quite a lot of entries this week!

@finalbarrage, I saw that too, and though sad, it’s a great animation. It is a kiwi, the same bird I loosely modeled my bird after.
(edit) mine was originally supposed to be a kiwi, but after I added the teapot, I had to change his proportions a little, so I think I’ll call it an ibis. ( similar beaks but not as compact )

“Never Give Up”

I had a bit too much fun with the array modifier.

I wanted to make something super optimistic and happy after having to write a book report on the depressing dreams of Death of a Salesman, so this was a perfect chance. :slight_smile:

A little variation on the tree…it was too busy for the main image though…