Cecelia

The body is looking much better now :slight_smile: Looking forward to the next update!

wow, looking good.

lots of little changes that really add up. nice to see her coming together so well.

You could try and tweak her neck a touch…could be a tad slimmer, might ease the transition from head to body.

The body changes are spot on.

other than I’d say that your looking fine.

How’s it going??

Great work so far, Derek! It looks very true to the concept already.
I hope your absence isn’t due to the FBI breaking down your door-
“She’s in her 20’s, I swear!”
“Yeah right, punk! Frisk 'im!”

Haha thanks James:) I’m actually home with my 9 week old daughter for the last few weeks so I havent had any real time to blend. Dont worry though the FBI isnt after me and I havent dissapeared completely. Hopefully more to come later this week or early next week.

Ok. I like what you have so far. Well done, but there are some mistakes. I apologize if this comes off a little strong, in advance. First, the layout of the topology is, but it needs some work. The flow from the breasts to the top of neck does not flow, you want it to flow from the top of breast to the neck and through the neck. There is also a six point star at the base of the neck/shoulders, which you don’t want. That is one of the rules when doing characters, NO SIX POINT STARS or Ngons for the matter. Along with topology you want to make sure you keep the rule of 3 in mind. Which is at every joint where there is movement you want at three lines, one line in the middle of the joint and add another on each side of that one. That will help with deformation for animation.

I recommend that you take a look at the geometry of the arms and legs, because you might want to add a little geometry to them with keeping in mind the rule of 3.

Also, you need probably smooth the geometry out a little, as I can see that there are some dents in it. For example, the left side of the left breast. What you can do is, add a shiny material to the character and orbit around the character, and if you see surface change, then those are the spots that need smoothing out.

I hope this helps and I apologize again if that was a little strong and sounded rude.

Jonathan Thompson
P.S.: Look up William Vaughan. He is amazing at character modeling and has a blog that talks about what I just told, but he takes it further. http://pushingpoints.com/v2/

Awesome stuff!!..I am also trying to master the skill of character modeling…http://officejoe.weebly.com/uploads/2/7/5/5/27554069/7591312_orig.png

Love the look it is Awesome…i am also doing a short film…http://officejoe.weebly.com/blog.html

Thanks guys:) First I just wanted to note that my Blending time has been dramatically effected since I am currently transitioning to a new job…my job that pays the bills haha:) Because of all that drama I haven’t had any time at all in the last two weeks to do much of any thing.

I wanted to say thanks for the comments and kind words.

JonThompson, don’t worry man your words definitely are coming across too strong. What you are seeing I definitely agree with. The topo is rough in spots. The main thing I should note is that the body and the head/neck are separate meshes. I was thinking I could take advantage of the clothes and keep the head, hands/arms and feet/legs separate meshes. Is that crazy talk? Are there problems with rigging if I use that method? It just seems that the mesh could be better optimized if it can remain separate…so the feet could be very low res as well as the legs.

Nathan, sorry I’m moving so slow on this man…your scene is looking great. I only hope I can produce for you and we can get her in there:)

Your thoughts are always appreciated:)

I saw Tim’s tutorial a short while back and recognized it instantly when I saw the forum thumbnail. Very nice!

No worries. I’m just glad that I’m lucky enough to get you to do it. Good Luck with your job.

When I wrote the last reply, I wasn’t myself. So, I apologize again. Anyway, there are some things about having different meshes for a character that are good and some bad. It would all depend on the type of clothing that the character will be wearing, i.e.: casual jeans and a t-shirt or a swimsuit or something different than those two. The problem you might run into with separate meshes is when you go to rig the character. The problem will be weight painting the geometry. If done correctly along the edges of the meshes you won’t have a problem, but if not done correctly then you will have some strange movement. You also might find that you might have to connect the meshes together, but you won’t know till you get to that point.

What I would recommend is that you connect the head to the body, so you won’t to worry about that area as much, but connect them right before you start rigging. That way, you can go back and change things around if needed. Oh, if you keep the meshes separate watch out for the textures, because they might not line up correctly and might not flow with one another.

Hope this helps! Can’t wait to see the final looks!

Ok so the work continues…slowly. I’ve had some big life events happen in the last few months so I haven’t been able to spend much time on Cecelia. I worked on her hands and feet. There is a bit of ugly geometry that needs to be cleaned up but at least they are attached and look pretty good I think. Still haven attached the head yet…I’m trying to decide if I should just carry the neck down to where it meets the shoulder and end it there and then model the clothes off of the body mesh which would overlay the neck based on the original concept. I’m envisioning a close fit dress with short sleeves and maybe she is wearing white long gloves and the dress goes down to mid thigh and she is wearing tall white boots.

What do you guys think…I’m going for a bit of sexy and prude at the same time:)

Nathan I haven’t forgotten about you I just wanted to get the base mesh resolved:) I’m close now…I hope hehe:)

I think body more sexy :slight_smile: .I like the face but not the body even your wire looks terrible for me in some way in the nek area work more in the proportion .

I try to do the hair will looks more sexy . Good luck

SALUDOS

Nice! I really like the way you’ve modeled the hair, different style.
I would like to point out one thing, there seems to be some spacing between the eyes and the surrounding skin, the face. It kind of gives the impression that it’s a mask. In the concept art the skin around the eyes have a certain thickness/depth to them, the eye lids are quite thick as well. In the model the eye lids are really thin which also exposes the spacing. I hope my thoughts help you.

I look forward to seeing this project completed, good luck!

Haha thanks Alekzsander:eek: Your honesty is always brutal but I know your a talented guy so I take your words seriously:D I’ll do my best to clean up the wire. I believe I understand you that the neck area needs more work with proportions and you think she needs to be more sexy. I can make proportional adjustments but I don’t think I want to push the sexy too much further since the concept appears pretty timid and reserved.

I see exactly what your saying coolfield:) I’ll work on that upper eye lid. Good catch man:) The eye were the hardest part on this little lady, I guess I’ll dive back in haha

Haha! No problem, you’re welcome!

Looking better?? :slight_smile:

The eyes look fantastic.