BMW E30 M-Tech II

I think the bump is too strong on the first one, and to weak on the second, so I need to find something in between.

Yea, maybe just a slight reduction in displacement from the first image. The tail lights are looking good.

really nice work

Thank you PusiteGa

Here are some wires for you all:

It’s ok, you can laugh at the typology, but please let me know what I need to improve then :slight_smile:

Laugh at topology? Dude, no, it’s good! Pretty good actually!

Really? I’ve just done what i thought was the easiest thing to do when modeling, and did not think very much about the topology. And knowing that topology is actually important, i just assumed that mine was bad. I’m really glad that that might not be the case after all. :slight_smile:

Well, yeah,when modelling with subsurf its exactly about doing it as simple as possible, and yours is really clean. There are some really minor areas that could be slightly improved, but overall its great.

Very reassuring to hear Impreza09 :slight_smile:

A final wire:

The wires look nice and clean. I can see some ngons, though. But they should be easy to solve. Have you incorporated any subdivision surface modifier right now? I’m impressed how accurate the lines and edges of the car are.

Thank you Minoribus, I’m glad that I can impress talent like you :slight_smile:

Yes I’m using sub-surf on all the parts of the car, I just removed them to keep the wire shots clean. And yes I have ngons, but I will leave them alone for now, and see how much trouble they will be later on. But I might get back to you on suggestions how to fix them, if they turn out to be trouble.

After a busy weekend and Monday, I finally got some time in Blender again.

I spent some time reworking the back light materials, and I like this new one a lot better than the old material. I left the old material on the orange part of the back light while the red and white parts are to new one, so you guys can compare.
I also added some small details to the rear end.

As always, please let me know what you think :slight_smile:

Added more details today. I think the only major thing I need to model is the brakes, and then the exterior is done :eek:

I also just noticed how much I actually save, when working on a project like this. I’m at my 118th save file now… :confused:

The tail lights in post #50 look exceptional… man, I wouldn’t change a thing on them. The front end details look great as well. I compliment you on being disciplined enough to hold back on adding textures to the rest of the car… I know I wouldn’t be able to hold back so long.

He he, it’s not really discipline, it’s just that I have no idea how to make the car paint shader :smiley:

Test renders for the carpaint, and added some basic materials to other places of the car. Still lots of work to be done…:yes:

Nice start to the renders.

I absolutely love your piece, especially because the car depicted is a BMW, sexy brand by itself. Anyhow, I myself have also made a lamp with curved surfaces as yours, except I did not go so “extreme” as you did by using actual polygons for the light, I crafted in my case a normal map of a surface, but that is because I exported the model for use in a game engine.

Wow! I loooove the carpaint! And especially the way you added the small metal fragments in the paint. Very realistic and just… Amazing! :smiley: - One thing though - These two edges don’t look the same. And the reflections in the wing mirror look a little weird to me, maybe it’s just because of the Hdri map - idk…

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

Dan: Very well spotted with those edges, I will fix them asap. Cant see anything wrong with the reflections though?

Here is another close up of the paint, where the colors are more clear. The paint is called “BMW diamond schwartz”.

The paint shader looks good Wega. The flakes stand out nicely in the closeup renders.

Going towards Outstanding non stop…