Blue Submarine n6

Wow! Really great, detailed model! If I have to be nitpicky, though, The eyes seem a bit too reflective…

Very good. She reminds me of Vanessa Z Schneider from PN03.

Now make a few more and rig them for a movie;) I’d watch it. Uniform style is pretty cool.

Impressive :slight_smile:
Reminds me of femshep in Mass Effect. Very well modelled, well done :slight_smile:

I cant even imagine the amount of time you put into this model. How long have you been working with Blender, to achieve models like this?

Awesome, great job!

This is amazing work! I wish I could do something half as good.

Regarding the video about the UVs. Isn’t it much easier to just define multiple separate uv-layouts and then use different uv-layouts for different textures? Seems like it gets the job done in a much simpler way. Perhaps I misunderstood what he is doing in the film (used youtubes english subtitles which of course are not working 100% of the time).

thanks!
what is not clear about the video?

The problem is that the subtitles (at least for me) disappeared at times. Perhaps the important stuff is said anyway.

Regarding the method described in the video (if I understand correctly what is done) I believe it is possible to achieve in a much simpler way by using different uv-maps on the same model. This is indeed possible even in cycles and in the case you describe you could use four different 4k maps for different parts of the model instead of using a single 16k map. If you want to I can elaborate on this.

Actually in the video Im using 4 different maps, not only one at 16k.
For example, using different uv layouts works if you stay inside a Blender enviroment, but most of the people have to jump around a lot of software, think about Zbrush for example, it reads only obj, and obj do not support multi uv sets, so that means you lose datas during the import-export.

In my video I try to explain a tecnique coming from Maya to connect different textures that sharing the same material by using traslated UV spaces. I did it, because I have to work seamless with maya, zbrush and blender.
Hope this help

I love this kind of sci-fi art. Good job on this.

Great work!!!

I agree with the comments about the eyes. They look like they’re tearing up and that doesn’t seem to go with the rest of the scene.

But that’s coming from someone (me) who still needs training wheels to complete the Ginger Bread Man demo!

The bottom line message is … AWESOME WORK MmAaXx!!

Really good detail work

Wow…the detail is amazing…how lpng did it take you to complete?

couple of months :smiley:

Great work!