Blender Guru Competition: Open Movies

hit some what of a wall with this project…couldn’t work out where to take it next, so Ive decided to post it as is…
It looks like Sintel is in a little trouble!!

Attachments

Nice take on a classic! Would really like to see it finished.

Less then 2 days for the deadline and still just less then 15 entries???
This was probably the most simplest competition which didn’t involve much modelling efforts.

Maybe that’s what scared people off, maybe they thought everyone and their uncle was going to enter, so they didn’t bother.
I have an entry though, waiting juuust a little longer :D.

I had a couple of problems with this comp, no offence Andrew

1. I prefer to use my own material, creating is part of the fun and challenge, after all
  2. I found it difficult and time consuming to get the material slow to download and tediuous to dig around the zip files for what I wanted

I really liked the idea of creating an animation and I had some thoughts but it just didn’t come together.

Good luck with all your entries guys, I kind of like the Sintel in trouble and the batman dude

1. I prefer to use my own material, creating is part of the fun and challenge, after all

No offense, but I find this to be kind of a lame reason. I’m not saying you have to participate, don’t get me wrong, but nothing is stopping you from creating anything. You have literally almost an infinite number of possibilities, yet are saying that your creativity is restricted? You could have used anything from a character to a background. It would have been 90% your own material anyway. Learning how to use an asset and adapt it to a different purpose is a good skill that everyone should learn.

I don’t intend to be rude, so please don’t interpret it that way, I just see this as kinda silly.

My first image using cycles in my first blender contest.

I will have a few changes (including less aliasing, more samples, and some color changes) in the final entry, but I figured I’ll post this now in case I miss the deadline.

(Updated)
Post-Apocalyptic Sintel:
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/8523/postapocalypticsintelfi.png

Thanks for having these competitions Andrew. This entry may not be my best example:p but you are one of the main motivations that I had for pushing myself to do better than I thought I could, and I appreciate your generosity.

Jonathan

Here is my entry i might do some minor tweaking to the image but here is what i have done for the image, its from Elephants Dream i hope you like my idea i used for this. This is rendered using Blender Internal and Cycles.

Entry to Blenderguru Movie Remix Contest
Blender internal/cycles

My entry, recreated illustration from Alice in Wonderland, Strange tea party.

:slight_smile:

one more week for submission would b better … i think there are only 10 entries … and not a single entry for animation … …i was hoping to see some very good mixture of all movies … anyway …

@andrew : how about extending one more week… or just giving away the results and announce next Christmas competition hehe …

yep im looking forward to another hopefully Christmas themed competition :slight_smile: wink, wink im amazed that there are so few entries…maybe it is just because it is considered “easy” or something…either way, im sure there will be a better response for the next competition!

Okay, I think I waited enough :D, here’s my entry:

It uses 2 blend files, the second one just for a little compositing, the image before the black border was added meets the size requirements.

Proog and Emo model and textures credit: © Copyright 2006, Blender Foundation / Netherlands Media Art Institute / www.elephantsdream.org

Here goes what looks like to be the only animation so far.

-Thanks,
Don’t bother critiqueing this, really don’t.

:open_mouth:

Actually not too bad :D.

I know you told me not to, but your robot pieces are floating…

Here is mine.

The assets I used were Sintels eyebrows, and her hair material.

I hope you guys like it.:slight_smile:

I was working on a dossier for school and and I found this (Marat)

well done ex nihilo

but i dont think this might valid entry for this competition …but you did it well dude… keep it up …

lol, that’s awesome.