Blender Guru Competition: Open Movies

I was going to go for an animation but it seems like it is a big deal to get the stuff.

cool owldude, glad to hear from you … keep it up and dont worry draguu wont mess up … may b ill post anim entry just for inspiration … by the way m missing entries from derek , jonathan , robo3d …where are they guysssssss… their work is really very good and they are really a very good artists

Haha, thanks Draguu. I was too busy with school to enter the last contest, but I am already working on my entry for this one. I am really excited to see what you guys come up with, you all do great work. And congrats on winning the last contest, very well deserved. I’m just making a still picture this time, not an animation though. Good luck you guys!

I worked on it little more than two weeks and one day fore rendering. So here it is! Enjoy it!

just a remix gift to community …still wip

please dont consider draguu as a participant this time …

This looks pretty great :smiley: I love the style of the run!

Yeah I think a lot of people are either having issues getting the source files or having troubles getting a good idea … i’ve had about 3 or 4, done a bit work, and then decided against it.

Current one im working on is this… but again I’m reaching the ‘hmmm… what now?’ stage.

I think that people are waiting for the las moment to submit.
Maybe becouse they want to get their work as good as they can or maybe they don’t want to show their work to others to early (to increase their chances of wining :slight_smile:
I’m not submitting becouse of the second option :slight_smile:

Wow that is phenomenal! The animation is fantastic. Will you do rendered version as well?

i also working an animation sintel, Rabbit and Robot in city i don’t know i will finish or not but try to post my work.

Hi all. So I asked this question in the comments on the BlenderGuru page for this competition, but thought I’d ask here as well and have a better chance of getting an answer.
So I’m wondering if it’s also alright to use models and such from the Blender Open Workshop training DVDs, since the normal “no third-party models” rule obviously doesn’t apply to this competition. Or are the open movie files the only third-party ones we can use? Because I would love to use the mountain environment from the Creature Factory DVD :slight_smile: I realize I should have asked earlier, but haven’t had time to start working on an entry until now…
Anyway, thanks in advance for the answer!

I would assume only from the open movies, but I can’t say for sure.

Hey Andrew where can I get all the sintel files? All I can ever find is the sintel light file.

I was wondering if these count?

http://www.blendswap.com/blends/category/durian/

p.s. Great work draguu!

G-day, i have idea to make BBB flyingsquirrel-batman. I was wondering if my idea couts for this competion?

G-day i have idea to make BBB flyingsquirrel-batman. I was wondering if this counts for competition?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]203749[/ATTACH]

Wow, only a week a way and very few entries. I feel like this one will be much smaller than the last few, but I guess that just means that everyone entering has better chances :wink:

hehe very true jon…it seems like apocalyptic sintel is gonna win … … tadaaaaaa

No one is posting their work so I’ll post mine.
I’s rather a quick “sketch”. I’m aware of it’s imperfections but I just don’t have more time to work more on this piece. So don’t be to harsh on me :slight_smile: Hope you like it

death of buck

NOOOO, what have they done to him?!?! :frowning:

I just found him like this…
But I suspect who has done it…