Blender Guru Competition: Christmas 2013

Wow ,EASYDREAM.…Father Frost …awesome concept . Loving it.
JOTABOLOTA not a bad Entry ,but - what part of " But please only post once! For critiques, please open a separate WIP thread. " you didn’t get? No one wants this thread to grow into 16 pages of the same people’s work - who keep changing their lamp settings.

Take care

Oh my God! Bro, your entry is very good! Have a good and creative idea… Amazing!

CG-Predator, thank you!

Hi Andrew,that’s what i made for the contest I wish you like it and I wish also if you tell about the errors that I made in this project and thanks.

Attachments

here is my submission for this competition.
full sized image here:
http://wentzlau.tumblr.com/image/67771165923

This is my entry this year. I may work with it a bit more. But just in case I am uploading it now, and will edit this post when need to.

My Entry WIP, possibly final…

WIP Thread

@PeturPetur Nice Image/Style

Good Luck Everyone
-Spencer

Hey guys I need help with something.

How much post production in Photoshop is allowed? all I want to do is use the clone stamp tool to blend some cg snow into the background a little better. It already looks good but the post-production drastically increases the quality. Does this go against the rules or is it allowed?

I think that would be ok…aslong as its not very obvious and is subtle.

Hello all!
This is my entry for the Blender Guru Christmas competition.

Good luck to all!

man, i gotta get back to this! :stuck_out_tongue:

Can anyone show me a good place to upload high-res images?

I’ve always found this site good for high-res images!
Imgur

Greetings, fellow Blendermen!

This is my entry for the competition.
Title: “Sad-Face Santa”

I have also included two screenshots, but Andrew made it sound like I need to upload the actual .blend file for proof. I don’t see how that would be possible so screenshots it is:

This project took amount thirty hours (spread out over three weeks) to make. It has gulp over 500,000 faces thanks to that damn
tree and my inability to retoplogize. Santa himself took 75% of the time.
Rendered in Cycles, obviously, at 16-bit color depth, 16 AA (anti-aliasing) and no ambient occlusion or depth of field because my computer committed suicide on both attempts. :no:

Merry Christmas, everyone, and may the odds (of your computer crashing) be never in your favor!

ignore this post. somehow I double-posted.

Nice one yules! xD

Thanks Nat!

Here is my entry:

high-res: http://i.imgur.com/FUdRR5h.jpg

I hoped someone would do a Narnia scene! Great Job

Ouch! Poor santa!! Andrew only wants you to upload your .blend if you win :slight_smile:
Nice image though :slight_smile: