Blender Guru Competition: Christmas 2012

Here is my entry, high res atlink.

Good Luck!

Hi,ok here is my OFFICIAL entry,I wiil not change it ok?!Again I wanna sai Thanks for the opportunity!And good luck for me!^^If you don´t understand the story…please tell me^^

Wow, didnt think I was going to get focused critique, but thanks, really do appreciate it :).

Your right, I didnt even think of that till you stated it, so as soon as I can I will be adding base boards and such. Funny you mentioned about the normals, cause it is actually on the blender default. I saw what you were saying before I rendered it out, so hopefully it is something I can work on, maybe introducing a negative to the normals.

Original idea was to have flames, however my original approach was to much for my computer to handle, with the amount of vertices and then the particles. SO I tried out 2.65, my computer was able to work with that, due to not being any particles. However I could not get the settings right, either the flame was to high and looked decent, or if I got the height I wanted, which is a very low height, it looked more like a very blurred glow. Which did not look good. I am hoping I can find the right settings to pull it off, but if not, I found my work around for it.

Some of the things I am hoping to work on is moving the table, plate with cookie, and glass of milk with the letter to a different layer and highlighting that as the main focus of the scene with additional lighting, adjust some of the materials to get the feel I want, as well as add in a cameras depth of field.

Yes, I admit, there is still alot of work to be done, to get what I was really shooting for. But did not want to miss my entire deadline for the competition like I did on the last one I entered in. Which was the photo realism competition. I will be adding updates to my original post.

But I reawlly do appreciate all the feed back, anything that can make me a better 3D artist is always good :)… Cheers, and good luck to everyone and Happy Holidays.

It’s such a shame about the tight timescale for this competition. I know you must have lots to do around the festive season, Andrew. It’s just a pity that there’s only two weeks, when previous competitions have had four or five - especially given that these two weeks will be among the busiest of the year for a lot of people.

I think I’m just sad because I can’t possibly complete an image before the 21st, but after that I have a week off for Christmas (as will be the case for many of the audience, especially the younger ones still in school/college) so I’d have ample time if the deadline was only a week longer.

I look forward to seeing the entries, though. :slight_smile:

Agree with you.The contest should have been announced a month before.
I just have a week’s time with me i don’t know whether i will succeed or not:(

Here is my entry. The image is called “Abandoned business”.
(The abandoned business is of course Santa’s gift factory).

I wanted to get away from the typical mood in christmas pictures, so i created something sad. The image is set in the future, where no kids believe in Santa, no one celebrates christmas, and christmas is replaced by boring work and school. The North Pole being abandoned, is a symbol for this. There are many more symbols in this image, see if you can find them! (The reason for that is because that is my subject in school at this time being).

PS: I don’t believe in Santa Claus xD

EDIT: I am going to post a new update tomorrow, once i get it rendered.

UPDATE:
I made some changes i felt was necessary.

The Spiral Christmas Globe - By Ja’mez Stokes

The Spiral Christmas Globe - By Ja’mez Stokes

@iamsostokes pls dont double post [post consecutively 2 times] u can just click on “edit post” below ur post to modify it

He is new, most likely his post or image did not show up the first time. iamsostokes, welcome to the forum and thanks for your entry!

Ok, this is my final entry

Attachments

Wow! I think your optimal image, just do not like the lack of objects in the scene. I wish they had something more … But is an optimal scene …

Not the winner but it’s more then nothing.
http://www.vektory.se/ginja.png

Hi folks,
there it goes… have a nice and mostly rockin’ Xmas!!!

Hello and best wishes to ALL!!!

Attachments

Have you tried uploading your image to http://imgur.com/ and then adding the link to your post???

Thanks that worked perfectly.

Final entry for me.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-i1oG9rWZ1bk/UMyPE14kezI/AAAAAAAAGsI/4W77Ubb2ZHQ/s320/Fixing.png
Click for larger image

I made this image for another contest that end this week.

I hope it be valid

Yeah That’s what happy, and thanks for the welcome. :slight_smile: