Blender Guru Competition: Christmas 2012

uhhh!!! I cant participate in this competition this time :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
Atleast I got honoured the in the last competition which is like the biggest deal for me…

I just hope I could have participated…
Anyways Good Luck to All and May the best artist win!!!

Ok thanks im new to this didnt know:)

Hi Andrew, I thought a “Blender Guru Holiday Gift Card” would be a great gift for Blender artists.

Here is my entry - Something to lighten the mood. I had fun doing this one. Hope you all like it. Cheers. :slight_smile:

I worked really hard for this, I very much hope you like it, and most of the stuff you see in the picture I learned from your tutorial videos, Thank You (:https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=eb79b6cd94&view=att&th=13b82c970bdbcfa6&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_haj0uk400&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_pwz9V6HZ1DWn29DsT9r86&sadet=1355108964414&sads=f6TmIvBG_LpmRRlnRCoh207qWUI&sadssc=1

These are looking awesome :smiley: Can’t wait to see more!

:eyebrowlift:

I’ve started my entry,my first time.I hope make a good job,I hope creat a good scene,and please thank you for the opportunity.

Yeah I prefer Cycles too,but at this time(my first)I´m using blender standard… my preview:

Attachments

My almost entry…I doing a final adjustments…I´t my first yime…hehe

My entry previw…

@Lleribag, next time, please just edit your first post instead of posting four times in a row. Thanks

Here’s my entry. This is my first time entering, so hopefully it can compete! Thanks in advance for even taking a look.
http://www.lessstresssolutions.info/test/Dadspresent.png

A little work I made , for all the people that have to work on Xmas day . ( hospitals, labs , restaurants )
Made this in cycles at 300 passes. I could improve some things , but my comp , crashed to match .
update:
Work on 2.65 now , a lot smoother and better I think , on my 32bit machine :wink:
Still not really what I had in mind , still working on it .

Attachments

Pretty good, but seems to be lacking shadows

Really really sorry man,I´´m new here…and I didn´t saw the post so I tought ‘‘There´s something wrong here…’’ but Won´t happen any more… ^^

Hi Andrew, this is my first major work and also competetion.Thank you.

Vijay S

There are two Christmas competitions going on two different websites. I would like to use the same concept for both sites, while still maintaining the rules. Is it ok though if I start a new project and submit to both your site and the other?

PLEASE DO NOTE, I HAVE A FINAL ENTRY LATER ON IN THIS THREAD. THESE TWO IMAGES ARE NOT IT.

Here is my first render to this competition, I am hoping I will have time to work on a few things, but just in case I dont get a chance. Here it is.

Second render for this competition, Still working on a few things.

loooks nice :slight_smile: You seem to have forgotten skirting boards, and i think the normal value for the wall is slightly too high…other than that its nice!

If you add a fire to the fireplace with flames, it would boost it a lot. Also, you would have to work on the lighting a bit to really show what is the core of the scene (=story). Is it the milk and note for Santa, is it the fireplace we expect him to crawl out of any moment now,… just examples - to hammer out the focus for the viewer. Hope this helps & gogogo!