Blender Game Making Contest 16 | Anouncement!

Its nice to see the community so active and pumped up ^^.
Good luck everyone and remember that the most important thing is to have fun and learn from each other no matter the knowledge gap :D.
Looking forward to see and try Everyone’s finished or unfinished projects.

Could someone please clarify for me when the deadline is for submission? I just don’t want to be late thinking I had more time. Is it end of the day on Sunday, or is it eod on Saturday? Thanks in advance.

How about a bug fixing challenge first ? It needs to go in that order. First you fix the bugs and then you can make games the easy way.
UV mapping is still screwy in 2.74. If you scale everything down to zero in the UV map it’s not reading the color from the pixel right under it. Texture filtering is not working properly either. All textures are either too noisy or too blurry. What kind of bug is that one ? No bug fixing challenge yet ?

Ends at the end of the day on Sunday, once complete you need to post your game in the finished games forum section. I will be gathering up any finished games from there on monday.

Thanks so much! That will put my mind at ease for a bit. And would it be ok if I uploded the finished game as an .exe file? I’m afrade that if it was played in blender, a lot of people would experience some serious lag ( really big file. Like 200 mb ). If not I will just see what I can do to make it smaller :slight_smile:

The final submission really should be a .blend file. If you want to submit a .exe then I’d post that up alongside the .blend and let voters know that if they’re experiencing lag they can try the .exe version instead.

Ok, thanks. I will do this.

Almost pens down time! I’ll be collecting the final games tomorrow.

I had so much fun!

I was trying to make a demo file for wall jumping and it sort of got out of hand!

good luck all and hurry up and bugfix test and maybe add some candy!

only like 8 hours to pens down here!

Where will the game pack be posted?

In finished games, at least it did so far!

It’s the last day to cast your vote, the poll closes tomorrow night!