Blender 2.76

That’s weird, could you calculate MD5 checksum for the tar.bz2 file?
Mine is for : “blender-2.76-linux-glibc211-x86_64.tar.bz2” downloaded today:

MD5: 32c101f149eaf62cc1024b962842ac6a

Edit:
-Download from here:

-You verify that your disk/partition is not full or has little space
-Use another file decompressor for extract files

The one i’ve downloaded from Netherland mirror is a ok. And it is 96.6 mb file. I guess, the US Server version was altered some how, as it was larger in size and was without some files.

96 Mb ???
or
96 MiB

there is a rather BIG difference

1000 VS 1024
i have 96.7 MiB ( 101,346,485 b)
( thank ADVERTISING!!! people for redefining what a bit and byte are )

Servers were updating… maybe was just that time.
Advertising didn’t redefine anything, they play on stupidity (It still stands: b - bit; B - byte, 1B = 8b). It’s even worse with the use of CG imagery… consumers are tricked into believing imagery shows ‘real’ products, objects, matter…

Welcome to a new chapter: FALSE

From what i see on the bug tracker and the lots of bugfix commits, we should expect a 2.76a soon.

As usual, but I can’t blame the developers as it’s incredibly difficult to get the wide-scale testing needed to find those bugs before the release (the vast majority of people will not use pre-release builds for their production scenes).

I’m not complaining at all, i prefer to see those a, b or even c version coming if it means the most stable and less buggy Blender “stable” release will become.

Society tends to be like that. Majority jumping on board at final whistle, never sooner.
Should just left ‘as is’ till next update, somehow users need to understand without their help ‘this is it’, leave or take. Only help makes things better. Or it will come to BuildBot & FinalBot - a group dedicated to research&development and a group dedicated to squashing bugs.

[QUOTE=fdfxd;2938918]like the opensubdiv not working with Uv maps for some reason?

Please excuse me, I downloaded and installed 2.76b on: AMD dual core 64, running windows 7 Home sp1, on GeForce GTS 450, and I went into User Prefs and under system tab I found a setting titled OpenSubdiv compute:. Only thing is I then went to ‘Manual’ in help drop down, and went to User Prefs > System and found no such setting in the manual. Does anybody know What that is and where it is in the User prefs. Also the descriptions of the various settings in that tab such as Mipmap etc. are beyond my clue range.
One other thing is that in solid, texture, or material mode of draw I can see the lines of the selected objects through the surrounding objects which I don’t see in any tutorials or example views of the drawing area. Like in CAD when you turn on Hidden Lines. Is there anyway to turn that off ? It is very confusing to have that while working on a foreground element and I can see the lines or vertex or faces beyond it through it. I have that see thru button off in edit mode and I can still see lines beyond through faces. I have ‘wire’ off. Is there a thorough going description/explanation of what is the ideal settings for user prefs, and other display aids.?

One other thing is that in solid, texture, or material mode of draw I can see the lines of the selected objects through the surrounding objects which I don’t see in any tutorials or example views of the drawing area. Like in CAD when you turn on Hidden Lines. Is there anyway to turn that off ? It is very confusing to have that while working on a foreground element and I can see the lines or vertex or faces beyond it through it. I have that see thru button off in edit mode and I can still see lines beyond through faces. I have ‘wire’ off. Is there a thorough going description/explanation of what is the ideal settings for user prefs, and other display aids.?
Change the 3d view clipping start/end distances back to their defaults.
If you needed to change them because your object was very very small or very very large, scale it to fit the viewport grid floor

You need to have a compatible gpu for OpenSubdiv to work http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.76/OpenSubdiv