Blender 2.64 is out!!

CUDA error: Invalid value in cuLaunchGrid(cuDisplace, xblocks, 1)

Official release from Blender site, Linux 64 bit. Cycles crashes Blender every time I try to render. Any idea about that?

Official RC2 works ok.

I am loving the new masking tools! Should have a video up in a little bit because of it!

On OSX build, everything OK so far.
Thank you.
But the splash screen… no humor.

did something happen to how UV API works again from 2.63a? Was porting import scripts from 2.62 to 2.63 because of BMesh (tessfaces,…) and now (2.64) the UV coordinates are messed up again.
And yes, splash screen is weird.

Happily wasted some time playing with new features. Love the “wireframe” option (Mesh tools in Faces) although I think the new skin modifier does a better job (at vert / speed cost).

New features listed here:
http://www.blender.org/development/release-logs/blender-264/

2.64 in OS X 10.7.4 with GTX 570 2,5 GB doesn’t work with Cycles on GPU/CUDA :frowning:
(CUDA kernel compilation failed, see console for details.)
Official 2.63a (r46461) doesn’t work either but 2.63 build r49392 and r50035 from graphical.org works fine with GPU/CUDA
Maybe i have to wait for someone who puts out a special build on graphical.org.

Thank you to Ton and the Devs for Blender 2.64.
Thank you to TOS for getting us here.

Jakerhund: OSX Builds don’t come with CUDA kernels. You need to install the Cuda Toolkit 4.2 first.

yeh the wire frame thing looks cool.Looking forward to using the skin modifier myself.

Anybody having trouble with the frame node. It doesnt change color when I select a custom color.

Is 4.2 toolkit required on Linux too? Cause RC2 works ok on my system, but the official 2.64 crashes every time I try to render with Cycles. (on the specs in my signature)

EDIT: nah, even with toolkit 4.2 it still crashes

Hooray for faster compositor! :slight_smile:

What is with 3D View Full option? No grid and no proper or fast exit from it to the standard 3D view. What is the point of this option and how it differs from SHIFT+SPACEBAR option.

Wait! Where is toggle full screen …

… oh, under Window now. Kay.

hmmm… kinda doesn’t work for me. 2.64 instantly crashes when switching to cycles or I want to go into the system properties… had no problem with 2.64RC1… anybody else got this problem??

I have a similar problem; GPU rendering doesn’t work at all (not Opencl, not CUDA). It crashes each time I try to render with Cycles. Though I have no problems doing the things you described.

What system are you on? Drivers? CUDA toolkit?

i’m on win7 x64, nvidia gtx680, drivers 306.23. please dont ask me bout cuda toolkit… i have no idea where to look it up :wink:

@dabreiss, a completely different setup than mine :), hmm…

btw, on Win you don’t need a separate CUDA toolkit, cause everything comes with the drivers.

I had heavy troubles 2 weeks ago with Blender crashing, but not just Blender, youtube too for example. Computer freezed often and I had to go back to 296 drivers (Nvidia). Once went back to those drivers, everything works like a charm.

I’m not absolutely expert at this but i noted bad problems after updating 300 driver series.

I’m reporting this since some people who has the same problem as me might think it’s Blender fault, but it wasn’t in my case.

Awesome release! Haven’t tried the tracking module before, now I did and its pretty impressive. Also masking rocks.