BGE - Fighter Jet Combat

I agree very nice work, the ground at some points is a bit hard to see however that may be the style your going for.
Not sure what your using to distract enemy missiles but flares like the battlefield franchise would be cool.
Great work overall though!

Thanks everyone for the awesome support! :slight_smile:

Small update:

Changelog:

• More realistic flight movements
  • Smoother turning
  • Optimizations
  • Ocean map (Martinsh’s shader)
  • Airplane landing
  • Airplane burning when shot
  • Screen dirty when near explosion
  • Gun is now mounted on the fuselage
  • Other small changes

All I can say is YES! This is looking very slick indeed! Are you going for full-fat Ace Combat missions (like interceptions, air to ground)?

Very nice, once thing I noticed was that the flaperons seem to be in reverse. When rolling right, the left flaperon should be down and the right side up. Deflecting the airflow making it roll that way. And reverse for the other side. It also seems that the flaperons on the wing are moving to control the pitch of the aircraft. The rear elevators should be moving to control the pitch.

Rubbernuke - Thanks and yep, I plan on starting some missions soon!

superflip - Thanks for noticing this, I’ll double check to make sure all the flaps are working the correct way.

Very amazing work you’ve done!

Question: Are you planning on making this first-person perspective as well; or is it going to be third-person perspective only?

mokazon nice dude! :wink: SO WICKED!!! but if i may say, the flight motion looks to jerky and unrealistic not really a big issue but it doesn’t match the realism of the rest of the scene. gee I hope i’m not repeating this

Hi guys,

I’ve begun modelling and texturing an aircraft carrier. Attached are some pictures.

-Mokazon

Attachments

amazing :smiley:

wicked update dude, inspiring artwork mokazon, very sharp…

I’ve been busy with school, but I’m starting to continue this project again. I have been working on multiplayer the last few days.

Here is a picture of this morning’s work to whet your appetites :wink:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1860288/multiplayermenu.png

At this point I do have working multiplayer, but I need to tighten it up a bit before it’s ready for a video.

-Mokazon

Looks great, I really like the simple design for the menu, well done.

How many players do you plan on having per session?
Also will it be player vs player or mission-based?

Looking forward to your updates.

RossBlenderArt - Thank you. At this point I think I will have team vs team matches with probably ~10 players each total, but I will have to do testing to see what works best regarding player count.

This will be a air to air only game? Battlefield is.fun…

I also created simple procedural clouds:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1860288/clouds.png

BluePrintRandom: That is correct. While it would be “cool” to add many things, that is out of the scope of this project.

Camera movement is still a bit jerky, and the scene looks way too dark for the time of day. Try reducing the vignette. I think adding chromatic aberration might be a cool effect for being damaged or shooting. You should maybe add more dynamics to the hud, so it rotates slightly with the plane, just to add motion and interest to it.

Other than that, it looks like it could give HAWX 2 a run for its money :smiley:

How you create the clouds? With a script?

excellent work on the UI very professional, looks smart…

It looks great and the action seems very well done. I’d love to see how you’re handling AI, I made a simple spaceship game myself a few years go, but my coding was just beginner stuff.

Wow, stunning visuals. I don’t have any real suggestions for you, but only one question. Can you reveal how your camera works, mainly the rotation around cameras local Z axes?