Betty Bang Bang (Kathy Klak Klak)

Lunch time!

That’s one side completed minus a couple of adjustments I noticed in this render.
I might just have the lower receiver finished today.

It’s really coming together! Looks solid man.

This is a nicely detailed model, for sure. I just looked at the images, but later I’ll go through the thread to read it (after work).

Really looks good though. :RocknRoll:

@Roldan & Zask, thank you both.

Last one for the day.
Still have the other side of the lower to detail but I have added in the magazine release, bolt catch and release, safety selector and trigger guard.

Still a couple of minor touchups left before materials but… here it is.

Not really sure where I want to go with this yet. Just playing with scene ideas but kind of liking the old warehouse feel.
The walls are just thrown up to cover what exist in the HDRI I am currently using.

So here it is with the HDRI rendered in. You can see the image peaking out around the window frames a bit.
What say you all? Worth pursuing or find a different environment for it? Keep in mind that the final materials will likely be weathered a bit and it will be laying down and not on a display stand.

I like this model a lot, great attention to detail and shape, but I think it would really benefit from either a showroom-like background or one that’s more coloured/has more contrast.

Thanks man, I’ll take that under advisement.
I may just have to do multiple renders with it.

Toyed around with the walls a bit more and adjusted the lighting.
Going to need many more samples to compensate for the noise but I’ll worry with that later.
I aslo started laying out plans for a beauty shot but ya’ll will have to wait on that one, thanks for the idea Analdin.

Anyone have some tips on dynamic topology?

I like how it can weather objects really quickly but it is not quite giving me what I am after. I am looking to make the pillars look pitted, as if they have been impacted and chipped. I also plan on exposing a bit of rebar in some of the deeper gouges.

Any advice would be most welcome.

The thin one on the far left looks good. The other ones like rather uniform…like you used a pattern to shape the dynamic topology. That being said, adding those missing chunks w/ exposed rebar will break it up though, so i would worry TOO much about them now until you take some big chunks out. I think you’re probably trying to get the perfect “no-so-perfect” look too soon, perhaps.

Try Googling “war torn buildings”. I tried it and that might give you some direction or at least a little inspiration! :slight_smile:

Played around on CG Textures a bit so I could add a bit of color to go with the rebar.
Starting to feel like I want, I think.

Adjusted the floor color a bit, added in some broken windows and started working the blend between the background and foreground.

Changed the floor again. (working on changing it again now) Added some ground clutter back in as well as a bit of oily water.
Reworked the shattered window glass and smoothed out the transition between the inside and outside.
Added in a bit of BI volumetric that I am still working on.

What about some patchy dried out grass scattered around?

Very good modeling here! Just a little suggestion: Do not render in such placement. I mean the gun, you’re hiding all its beauty. Maybe add some sort of a box and hmm counter it against that box. Maybe you could add in more boxes in the background (you know like delivery of gun for mafia or smthg), Tho bear in mind that I haven’t read all thread and judging only by last render. Good luck!.

Thanks Orux, the rifle placement is most assuredly not final. It will most likely look like post #45, except sitting across a block of wood not a stand. As if a soldier, finding a free moment and a place to shelter, takes a moment to inspect his weapon system before pushing on.

Not sure about boxes but I do plan on more debris for the floor and maybe some barrels along the wall.

What about a can of bacon? lol

I thought changing direction for a bit might help me find my stride but aside from some material progress I am just not felling it.

Okay, so changing direction did help a bit.
I am thinking maybe an acrylic podium as a base for the stand.
Mats still need a lot of work but a couple of them are just about spot on.