Betty Bang Bang (Kathy Klak Klak)

Thanks Icon, I am actually working with a variation of your rubber shader for the materials.

That’s nice to hear. Hope it works for your materials!

Will need a lot of work still to make a good blue print but the idea has merit.

Very nice modeling. I worked with some of Colt’s Cad files for their m16 variants for a project I did years ago, and I’d be hard pressed to recognize “the real thing” from what you have here.

The key to successful looking blueprints is laying it out like a blueprint. have a top, front and side view along with an oblique perspective. The backbone stretcher modifier in freestyle adds a nice effect as well.

keep up the good work

Geez Sterling, that is a bold statement, thank you very much Sir!

I am working on mags and bullets now while trying to convince myself to start the lower.

Yeah, It was really interesting getting to play with their engineering files.

I really got into precision modeling when I modeled a 1911, piece by piece. My animations wound up on youtube and got a fair bit of hits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6SmlOEzNBs

then Colt emailed me and wanted some custom animations: http://www.blendernation.com/2009/04/12/professional-work-for-colt-firearms/
This started a bit of a firestorm in the comments on blendernation.

The thing I was most proud of was this interactive animation though: http://www.sterlingroth.com/1911/demo.swf

anyway, Just thought I’d share a little

Have fun with the rest of your project

Very nice work all around. Quite impressive.

Playing with CAD files from Colt would be great but I have to do it the old fashion way and use calipers and a tape measure.

Nice, when I modeled the 1911, I worked off a set of blueprints I found online. I believe they were dated in the 40’s or 50’s and xeroxed lord knows how many times, but I was able to get most of the dimensions out.

Still a couple of details to iron out on the Pmags but they are coming along nicely.
The bullet materials are place holders and will be replaced soon.

Nothing new in this render but needed an update for my desktop plus looks cooler with more stuff in the scene.
Building the scope and rings today.

And with the scope and rings completed I have procrastinated all I can, nothing left except the lower.

Went ahead and ran the entire thing together just to see how it is all fitting.
So far I am happy with it but I am taking the weekend off to clear my head.

Of course saying you are stepping away from the computer and actually do it are worlds apart! :wink:

Happy Blending everyone.

I started an EA Witness (after my own) and I find myself continuously adding components to it. Its not ready for release, and nowhere near this quality, but I am working up to that point.
Very nice work you have here.

Thanks Kevin, it has been an enjoyablly challenging exercise so far.

I am familiar with the Witness and would be interested in seeing your progress.
You should really consider starting a WiP thread to document the process.

I’ve been following this thread. This is the best model of an AR I’ve ever seen. The proportions are bang on. I can feel the weight of the barrel just looking at it. I can’t wait to see the finished product!

Thanks for that HAm.

After a nice weekend of way to much food and almost as much beer I’m back at it.
Here is the rough in for the lower assembly.

That about wraps up the stock.

Amazing work! What do you plan on doing with this?

A few small tweaks to the stock. Added the buffer and buffer retention detent as well as the rear take down pin.

Thanks Shipwreck, I don’t have any plans for it really.
The entire endeavor has just been an exercise for me.
I’ll might try and make a nice scene for it when it is finished but aside from that I just don’t know.
Maybe an outdoor range setting or something?