BakeTool 2.5 Released for Blender 3.0!

This is awesome! On my “to-buy” list :slight_smile:

When I saw Animation Bake option, I thought about Ocean Sim baking (animated normal/etc. maps for water). Is it something doable and something you would include?

We need more investigation but we think it can be done. Any kind of Tile/Animation rendering solution can be useful for someone sometime, furthermore it’s cool :cool:

Usability and UI Updates for BakeTool 1.2

• You can remove the selected objects in the scene from the list ( you don’t need find it by name in the list anymore)
  • You can add the active object as Target (much faster than chose one by name)
  • New Eye Drop Icons

http://puu.sh/bb3UY/a37cd3e5b1.png

Great Tutorial made by Geblendert

Video in Deutsch

Really great tool - love it.

Feature request - progress indicator and cancel button.

Great work!

Thanks, really hope it have been useful for you as it is to us.
About Progress indicator, there’s some debug info printed in the console, a progress bar in UI is not easy to implement it today, actually we don’t know yet if it’s even possible but we’re investigating about it.

Since python operators are a single call without interruptions, cancel is not a possible today but i will double check a way to do it if there’s one, one idea is about modal operators, but i’m not sure yet.

BakeTool 1.2 Dev-Log

• BI (BLENDER INTERNAL RENDER) Support Part1 : DONE!
    [LIST]

• Now BakeTool is the first Bake solution for Blender with Multiple Renders Support :cool:

• Error Catch : WIP

• Already more than 15 individual error messages and error catch included check for visibility and active layer, material check (for BI and Cycles with and without individual node usage ), uv of objects and target… probably will not need a part 2, we will catch they all in BakeTool 1.2

[/LIST]

Thank you for the quick response. I understand what you are saying.

I figured an actual progress bar would be difficult. Maybe some just some indicator that the process has been started successfully - maybe a message in the console? Currently the only indication is that the Bake button stays pushed.

As for cancel I can always just kill Blender - as long as long as I remember to save before pushing the button:)

The detailed error messages will definitely be helpful.

Hi Timmy, Baketool already is printing messages in the console and we’re improving it even more for Baketool 1.2 too. Take a look the next bake that you make. Anyway we hope someday blender will be more easy and flexible about callbacks, threads and feedback in UI for python scripts.

Hello Cogumelo,

The BakeTool isn’t working exactly how I would like - I hope you can help…

I have a building made from 7 objects. Each object has it’s own material - the walls have a tiled brick texture - and some I carefully textured in photoshop.

I want to bake the diffuse colour to one texture. Once it is done I would like to join the 7 objects into one object with one texture.

Using Baketool 1.1 I’m finding the Pack UV Space / Atlas option is giving me horrible results. I would like to to use the TextureAtlas tool and pack my original UV’s into it - and then use BakeTool to bake to the TextureAtlas UV map.

I was wondering if this was possible - or will be possible in a future release - because for even for a small building the Pack UV Space option doesn’t give a good result.

Many thanks,

Adam

Adamfarmer.
I think the problem is that you are trying to bake on top the UV that you are already using in your material when in fact you need another one, non overlapeed for baketool. You maybe misunderstand about Pack UV Space, it’s is not a wrapper, it just pack the UV that you already unwrapped (in any way that you want, Smart UV per example ) in a non overlapped shared uv space between objects.

Take a Look on this presentation about the UV Pack Space

And in this Video Tutorial About Baking Full Scenes and the different Modes of Bake (Individual and Atlas Mode )

Since you want to bake it to a single object you can try other simplified workflow:

• Copy all objects that you want to bake and Join the copies in a single object.
  • Remove all Materials of it and apply a new one.
  • Remove all UV channels of it and add a new one.
  • UV Unwarp it with with Smart UV pack (Or any other non overlapped islands technique that you wish )
  • Set BakeTool as Altas Mode and this joined object as Target, put on uv options the UV that you made
  • Set all the original individual objects in Object Source List
  • Turn Off the Pack UV Space in BakeTool Panel (since you don’t have multiple objects to make a shared UV space, just the target)
  • Set distance to 0.01
  • Add the passes
  • Bake it

Is better First Bake the Atlas (and let the UV Pack Space control the islands distribution based in your unwraped uvs, margin and area weight ) and after that join the objects, remove all materials, add the new one and keep just the Baked UV, but this inverted workflow above can work for you too.

If after all you yet don’t have success send me the .blend file by Private Message and i will take a look for you :wink:
Cheers

BakeTool 1.2 Release Date on Blender Market

http://puu.sh/bkbFV/ee7f7e43b1.jpg

Question - would it be possible to create new faces/edges during boolean subtraction as seen on the right mesh (disregard triangulation to understand it better):

And this video is showing how it happens in the level editor I have been using:

hah, you got me :slight_smile: Sorry. Posted into BoolTool thread.

We think BakeTool 1.2 update is so great that it deserve a new logo too.
New Blender Internal Support and more than 20 fixes
09|09|2014 on BlenderMarket

BakeTool 1.2 RELEASED!
http://puu.sh/bs64j/83b3668ece.jpg
Complete Release Log:

• [CORE] Initial support for Blender Internal Render with the same functionalities of Cycles such as Multi Pass, Atlas and Individual Mode and so on…
  • [UI]Eye Dropper to add active object to target
  • [UI]Added new “Remove selected objects” from list function
  • [UI]Changed “Size X”, “Size Y” labels for “Width” and “Height”
  • [UI]Added Wiki Link with the official documentation page
  • [UI]Added more and more consistent ToolTips
  • [UI]Auto assign active uv for target eye drop
  • [UI]Default distance is 0.01 instead 0.0 that was giving wrong results by default.
  • [UI]Default margin value now is 6 what is enough for common cases
  • [UI]Better Messages of Info Report
  • [UI]Better Message when CUDA is not available (Cycles)
  • [FIX]Fixed temporary information in Add-on user preferences
  • [FIX]Fixed name bug in auto-saved textures
  • [FIX]Fixed redundant code in some areas, space and comments (in Portuguese BR) are more consistent.
  • [FIX]Error Catch : Object or Target are in a non-active Layer
  • [FIX]Error Catch : Object or Target are not Visible in the Scene
  • [FIX]Error Catch : When in Cycles Bake using a BI Material (Included BI Nodes)
  • [FIX]Error Catch : When in BI Bake using a Cycles Material (Included Cycles Nodes)
  • [FIX]Error Catch : BI and Cycles Node Output are not present

Buy it Now in BlenderMarket

Vitorbalbio,

To continue with my questions. Thanks for taking the time to help. I did create a UVBAKE map and added it to the UVMAPS dialogue box as shown in the video. But the resultant baked texture was incorrect. So far to get it to work for me I am have to re-unwrap my textures so they do not overlap to begin with. It would be great If I could get it to work as shown in the video so I can keep the messy uv’s as they are. That would save time. Also the bakes are taking a very long time. Here is a rendered scene with the objects I am trying to bake. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Hi asmithey

Looks like you are doing the right but let’s review the workflow for you. Since your scene is a interior i recommend to use a Individual Mode to bake it and preserve the best resolution possible, try to follow these steps:

• For Each Object:
    [LIST]

• Does not matter you already have or not a UV (used in your material/textures etc… ) on the object and how this is UV is warped , just make a new one and name it as you wish, let’s say we name it “UVBake”. So “UVBake” will receive the Bake Results.

• “UVBake” always need to be a non overlapped UV. You can unwrap from scratch or use Smart UV ( what i recommend in the most common cases ), remember we need it for each object.

• After that add it objects in the Object List to bake in BakeTool Panel. If it’s not, put the “UVBake” as uv in the drop down field at the right side of the object name on the list. ( when you add a object in the list if auto assign it field with the active uv of the object, so if UVbake is the active it will be auto assigned )

• Setup your passes like AO, Diffuse etc…

• Set it as individual Mode if it’s not.

• Bake it.
    [/LIST]

If there’s any doubt yet i’m sending to you a example of this config, just bake and see the results.

About any bake performance, it is not impacted by BakeTool at all. I have already replied you in the Cycles Bake official thread about your misunderstand about Bake process that i think is causing your felling that it’s slower that it would be. I’m copying it here:

@ asmitheyActually it is taking 4 hours each. But is it not more of a complex rendering issue, as far as computation time is concerned, rendering the entire scene than having just one object from the scene rendered?

@ VitorBalbio No, cause to bake this single object all the scene need to be computed exactly as a camera render. See that the light that hits each pixel of this object have contribution of the global scene…

If it’s not clear yet, try to focus your camera in a single object, it will take almost the same time than have a lot of objects to render in your view cause to calculate the light for one object you need to calculate all the scene and how all objects make influence on it…

If you have any doubt please just let me know, you can send me a PM anytime you want too.
Cheers!

Hi everyone!
We’re calling the BakeTool users to show us nice works that you have done with it. If you have a great model or scene baked just post here.
If you authorize us, the best pictures will be posted in our BlenderMarket page with your credits of course but that’s optional, we want to see what you have done with BakeTool :wink:
Cheers!

Check this interview about BakeTool development process and know more about our company :rolleyes:
http://cgcookiemarkets.com/blender/2…elo-softworks/