aston martin vanquish 2013

Looking good zuzi. Cant wait to see more. Topo is VERY clean.

This is a good start - here are some inaccuracies i found with a closer look.

Attachments

Oscar, those dont look like inacuracys, those look like different lighting. The horizon line isnt a mountain range on the left where the ridges are higher than the car, and the rest just looks like loops that need to be tightened, not inaccuracies.

I see what you are pointing out, but given zuzzis past in making cars, I have no fear that the loops will be tightened and the final render will be in an impressive studio scene. He has done much work with terrestrials that would have even pros asking for opinions. Visit the luxrender gallery>vehicles some time and check out the Aventador red Audi-R8 model, or “Default0"” mercades model.

I’m positive that some of those things need some more work to them than more edge loops, but it doesn’t really matter - I think an artist tries harder and makes a better knowing people are keeping a critical eye on his/her work.’

Good to see some blender users being serious about car modelling!

Normally I agree, but look at the photos I guided you too. Hes not exactly ““NEW”” to car modeling and has been doing it for at least 5 years (with blender), maybe longer. considering he was using luxrender back when it was in 0.7 and 0.8.

I dont know. To me it felt like something that was a little too rookie to have to point out without first seeing wires. Might just be me. Because without the wires you arent able to see what his topo really looks like underneath all that mighty high gloss paint he has on there XD

HI!

Oscar J was right!

some details were incorrect
after a 'thorough study of the changes I made to the body.

And some screenshot:

behind grill there is nothin fix that

oh yes i’ ll fixit soon!:smiley:

LOL. ok then. Well I like the wires. great modeling. =D (tap dances off stage XD). Cool wires and based on the met cap the topo is down right perfect. good job.

That does look better. Good job.

hello to everyone!
I have reviewed the whole model, and I continued slowly with the rest …

there are still some things to fix, but they are small details.

carbon fiber material

DAT RENDER THO… mamamia
i’m looking at your carbon fiber… i’m assuming you made a texture upon which you added a glossy shader… looks like it.
if you are interested… i made a bad ass photo-real carbon fiber on my thread… it works exactly as carbon fiber works in real life
you can download it here
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7fkkzfq5qG1WUM1SmxLSVJRdzg/edit
here’s the preview of it
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7fkkzfq5qG1VkJTcm5Nb01QQ28/edit

keep up the great work… looking forward to seeing more!

nice shader! thank you very much!

Looking awesome zuzzi :smiley:

Also stole that carbon fibre prana :stuck_out_tongue: You know, incase I get good enough to do a car one day :stuck_out_tongue:

BEAUTIFUL beautiful work. I might need you to send me a signed poster print of this when its done (Im being serious, lol). Love it. Keep up the good work.

Pranavjit certainly did a good job. He and I tossed around ideas for the node setup for a while. I wanted to post mine aswell but I used autodesks carbonfiber textures for it and I think I would get in trouble for it. lol.

zuzzi… perhaps I could get you to teach me how you made your SLG carbon fiber.

for the carbon fiber material, this is what I created:

and this is the node:

Looks great zuzzi! And thanks for the carbon fiber materials. Perhaps I’ll try those out on some of my models. :smiley:

Looks good. Looks very similar to the one me and pranavjit put together but I was actually looking for the Small Lux GPU carbon fiber you had on the inside of the mounts on the brake rotors from your first couple posts.