Asteroid-Mayhem

Thanks for the ideas Lost :slight_smile: ; If you are up for a challenge then you can always post some of your game resources or concepts ? And If I like them, then they will get used ! ; I am a very fussy person !

You will have to download the game (just updated) and give me your impressions…

I found this great blender tutorial that was made years ago ! and it really helped me out big time…

You can find it here : http://davidjarvis.ca/dave/blender/tutorial-21.shtml

I am very chuffed with the end result :slight_smile:

All i am willing to do is make suggestion.I am working on my game now.

I like the game! but That asteroid doen’s have a natural looking.

What’s about use the tutorial you said before?

I follow it to make a rock, and It give me very realistic results.

Hi @carlo697 ! yes I agree that S.Moxham’s tutorial is very interesting, the only thing that it is missing is the asteroid impacts…

What I can do is combine both techniques ! that would be smashing, I tried to do it using Cycles but I am not that experienced enough with the nodes…

I tried out many things but with no success, I can probably do better than I am doing ; plus the game would look a lot nicer :slight_smile:

If you need any impact code I can help you write it,

I would just cast a ray along the leading edges of the craft,

the hitpoint can then be localized and be used to unhook sections of ship.

so

frame 0-all parts rigid body parent to compound rigid body core,

ray or collision unhooks objects parent?

edit… you mean craters?

ehat about using normal maps and some geometry.

I think he means the asteroid impacts in the model mesh, I think you could use the sculpt editor in the hig poly mesh, later you bake it to a normal.

@BPR… Any ideas are welcome here…

I will be working on some asteroids today and using Cycles in the process…

(951) Gaspra is an S-type Asteroid.

Maybe you could make it similar to Galaxy on Fire 2? It is really cool game and doesn’t seound very hard to make. Of course- don’t be the one to copy:D

Hi there adrian ! yeah GOF 2 is actually a very nice game, got it on my tablet… Well yeah, you probably then see what I am trying to do, except that, yes ! I will try and find my own style… getting there :slight_smile: !

Here is what I managed to do earlier on using Cycles.

A quick update ; That’s more like it… !

This looks very good.Keep up the good work.:yes:

Thanks LS ! very appreciated :slight_smile:

Here is a suggestion.Make asteroids with color splotches on them.The colors for the splotches could be red ,blue and green.You could add other colors.What i am saying is have some asteroids with uniquer colors than the rest of them.

Hey LS ! the asteroid that I made, uses vertex color paint as well as material color, so you can give it almost any kind of color tone…
Ideally I will stick to using the same color for all the asteroids, otherwise, yes there are loads of different color sets that could be tried out…

You should make switch outs for different spaceships and characters. Maybe even make a map with different galaxy and asteroid feilds

Hi blenderjunkie, yes I agree that having some sort of a map with different locations to unlock is a good idea, as well as changing spacecrafts etc …

Thanks for the ideas :slight_smile:

Updated the game, the asteroids have been changed with some new ones.
I am going to have to start again from scratch for many reasons, anyway hope you all like the latest improvements…