Asset Management

Thank you. I grabbed your special offer and I am really curious to play with your add-on.

I hope you will enjoy the Addon !

Will future updates be free?

Yes of course :wink:

One thing I’ve just noticed after installing your add-on is a general loss of performance in Blender’s GUI. I mean, that scrolling for example in any view or area in Blender is now very, very slow, almost getting Blender unusable. I am currently working with an ASUS notebook G60Jx, i7 720QM (1.6GHz), 8GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTS 360M (1GB VRAM), Blender 2.76b 64bit Official ZIP version. and this seems related to setting up the library path in User Preferences because as soon as I delete it (no library path) Blender behaves as it should (no lagging or scrolling slowly). Any idea why? Thank you.

P.S.: OK, the reason might be that I set the path to my local library of model, therefore the add-on might get too busy reading all the contents of that library (as is, not optimized for your add-on). I will work instead with a new dedicated folder (…\asset_manager) and add content to it from the already existing library. My “fear” is that as soon as the content grows the lagging will start to become more and more noticeable. I will let you know.

As promised, I bought this right away! No time to play with it now, but will do so when back from work. Thanks for the hard work on this Wazou! Looks awesome :smiley:

Didn’t realise Asset Manager was out, i’m in!

Ty !!

You have to create a new library as explained in the documentation.

Thx guys :wink:

Once again, you guys are The Magnificent!

Bought! Can’t wait to get familiar with this great addition for Blender (and Hard Ops)!

-Will

Nice addon. I hope it will work with adding armatures in future.

It already works with armatures.

http://pitiwazou.com/screenshots/2016-02-09_15-15-02.gif

If you want to add only the Armature, you have to use “with parent”.
The Addon works principally for meshes and to add anything esle, you have to use the “With Parent” to add a plane.

Ah I see now - "with parent’ did the trick.
Also it would be great if there was ‘add to scene’ button, so that I do not have to open asset list popup each time, and search whole list each time. Great addon anyway!

Use the “with Parent” to add a single bones.

With the AM you can add all you want but it was made for meshes Assets so you have to tweak sometimes like this one.

Good idea for the button :wink:

Great addon!
Would be possible to have an option to use link instead of append for importing assets?

It’s in the todo list !

Hey there, great addon! Thanks for developing it.

I bought it today and am very pleased with how it works.
One thing I found strange though, is that I can not setup the angle for the rendered preview. Does it always orient in -y?

EDIT: another thing i just found out: If the name of a Library or Category contains a “umlaut” (äöü) the Addon does not work anymore.

For the render nope you cannot change the angle right now, you can do it with OpenGL only.

The addon uses the blender orientation, Z up.

EDIT: another thing i just found out: If the name of a Library or Category contains a “umlaut” (äöü) the Addon does not work anymore.

Yes, it’s in the documentation

“For Libraries, Categories and your Assets, don’t use special characters ( %ù^$é”'(èà )"

Thanks for the quick reply! Sorry, I chose the lazy way of just asking you here :wink:
These things are very minor and as I said, it is a really great addon and speeds up my workflow a lot.

Beautiful work, I look forward to getting this after payday!

Thanks pitiwazou, I supported and I hope you’ll find a way to handle material names the same as they were when saved.