Armored FS100 Fighter

I LOVE it, Agus! Very best rendition of an old Veritech I’ve ever seen! I love the canard wings, too.
The setting is awesome, looks straight out of a liveaction version of Robotech: The Blender Generation, or something…
Keep up the greatness. I’d have bought a poster of this when I was in highschool. God knows I built plenty plastic models of exactly this plane back then!

that’s a brilliant idea! wouldn’t it be awesome if artists with exceptional work like this could sell off poster size downloads for printing in the Blender store? I don’t know how they do it now but even if there was a sizeable amount that went to the institute and some to the artist… I’d buy one!

Thanks you guys for the nice comments, i am very glad!

Sorry for the delayed replay, but i tried to replay yesterday and when i hit the post button BA said me i wasn’t logged in or so and when push back all my reply was lost! i got mad and went to sleep…

You nailed right there! in fact i used a F4 blue print, for making the cockpit section! i always thought that F4 was beautiful.
But for the rest of the fuselage i just modeled losses parts and then tried to arrange them in a way it looks okay to me. as you can see it is a very rough tied up model, not well defined in one single part.

http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=31221
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=31221

Regarding with the time to make it, i am pretty sure it was around 4/5 hours because i sat after the dinner around 9pm and went to sleep at 2am like most of the times :D, then the next morning i render those shots while taking breakfast and uploaded.

About recording a time lapse i’ll really like to do that, i’ll try to record myslef while making the second valkirie that i need for the animation and some ground artillery (I have to demonstrate you all how strong is the 80mm hull plating while receiving heavy fire :slight_smile: )
Anyone knows the best free software to record the desktop while compressing it so i don’t run out of disk space? either for win or linux, i use booth.

I also should said in my first post that i was fan of robotech, since kid, I grow up drawing valkiries all the time, so it is obvious were the influence came from…

Cheers!

Agus

Agus, you’re the genius 3d maniac :smiley: I could not even think that you’re coding for Cycles also! How do you doing all this so fast?
I had to spend about 1 year for a single robot (from a concept to the model without textures)…
Can you link to a site of your inspiring artists or some “book of secrets”? :))

This is good and it’s opensource, the codec it uses is very good and small http://camstudio.org/

then there’s kazam for linux which I hear is good, I don’t have any experience using it though

One of the best renders I can remember. This should be in the gallery.

Very awesome! Looks like something you’d find in Transformers :yes:

wow, nice, would it be possible to have a look at the materials and scene setup?

Oh, I didn’t comment this excellent thread yet… I thought I had. LOL
As I said, excellent work !
A hybrid, still convincing aircraft.

4 Hours? First Version? Geesh, for fast work this is absolutely phenomenal! It looks like it’s about to transform into a giant robot with a gun :slight_smile: Love It, Great Work!

I always try to ignore when people say how long something took. It only serves to make me feel like I’m completely incompetent when it takes me longer to do something even simpler. Not that speed isn’t impressive, it’s just also depressing… hahaha.

Why not screen record with Blender, just set the frame rate really low.

Amazing work, I can’t wait to see an animation of this.

I’m with poison88 on the idea that it looks like it’s about to transform. The structure of the plane reminds me a lot of a Veritech fighter.

Sorry but: Macross > Robotech
Anyway, it looks great.

wow nice work. Is it possible to make a wire render of that?

awesome. really.

Very, very, very cool. Also great idea to start with a blueprint for one aircraft and mutate it to your liking. Once I finish my tutorial video set and get the hang of this stuff, I’d like to try it with an XB-70.

Wow! This looks awesome! Looking forward to seeing more.

I have done, it looks awesome - I love the little Blender decal.