Archviz Interior Rendering

Hi all,

I made 2 interior renderings with Blender 4.0 and Cycles. But as you can see they look kinda flat and like plastic. I need some feedback and tips on how i can improve them. Settings i have tried:

• Clamp direct value is set to 1
  • Clamp Indirect at 10.
  • Render samples 2048
  • Light Tree is checked
  • Color Management set to Agx / Medium High Contrast
  • Exposure set to 0.
  • For lightning I used a simple HDRI map at 4K resolution and some Area Lights for LED strips with Blackbody set at 3500 K. The Area Lights power are set to 1 W and the Emission strenght to 1.
  • Images resolution set to 5760 x 3240 px

2 Likes

Go to your kitchen and check carefully how it looks the lights and shadows. :wink:

Looks good to me, i made some “corrections” in post (mainly levels and white balance). When i do interiors i have usually made exteriors before, so i use the same lighting and do adjustments in exposure which is between 1 and 3. For easier work you can try first with only the exterior light, and than add interior lights later. Hth.

I like it.
Maybe it’s not just about the light but also about some material looking a bit uniform/flat?
In any case, the only thing that seems strange to me is in the first image: fruit bowl and table.
Also, I recently tried the technique of adding a sun light in the same direction the HDRI light is coming from. It helps a lot, even in interior rendering and gives you additional control over the lights in the scene.