Anime Style in Blender

No problem, I see the link is fixed.
as for the lighting, if it’s not too much trouble do try with an HDR, it might clear things up and solve the “glow” issue.

Thanks for the suggestion CubeGod. In the second image I did use an HDR with the emission planes and it does seem to respond well
Here’s another test render also using HDR:

I was testing the Subsurface Scatter node the other day and it appears to respond better than the translucent nodes to back-lighting. The effect of the SSS is much less when the distance between the opposite side of the mesh is further away. So it would not require jumping through hoops to prevent the unwanted glowing. It does not support GPU render though.

TomTuko, Thanks I’ll try that method soon.

In the meantime I have been working on The characters hair using polygons.

Oh wow, that looks amazing! (yay for HDR :stuck_out_tongue: it tends to provide the best light while also being the quickest to set up, at least if you want natural lighting)

Alright. I’ts been a little while but in that time I have improved a little. I also went ahead and tried using actual skin textures for the first time.

Loving the last render. Really Cyper Punk -style look!
And it got that anime/realism look you pursued so good job!

Loving the last render. Really Cyper Punk -style look!
And it got that anime/realism look you pursued so good job!

Thanks! I want to spend some time on realistic clothing textures as well.

You’re doing well and you’re very much inspired this Japanese drawing.
This girl is very sweet !

Keep it up.

You’re doing well and you’re very much inspired this Japanese drawing.
This girl is very sweet !

Keep it up.

Thank you!

Very very Cool! Anime’ meets the “Breakfast Club.” An anime’ Ally Sheedy. Very classy.

I only have a question on how you’re implimenting poly hair.

Dig the work.

Yeah, your latest one is my favorite. :slight_smile:

Thanks guys!

the last render is great! keep it up, waiting for more of this :smiley:

Hi I am an anime enthusiast also.

I have this suggestion to improve your works. The mood of the scene is easier be done at post processing, having normal colors on the renderings will make much more sense to get nice materials, also from technical standpoint is better for the sake of a production pipeline to make minor adjustments at the end.

This is an extreme example but it will give you an idea.

Skin Shader
skin and hdri.zip (408 KB)

I really liked that girl with the leather outfit. Good work overall, keep it up.

Thank you for the response although I’m not exactly sure what you mean when you say “normal colors”. Are you referring to the background?

Loving your results here…fantastic work.

Another little shot at anime realism. This time using particle hair… It didn’t go too well as it was quite difficult for me to style and the render takes forever.

You should give the particle hair a slight curl as hair is generally not perfectly straight, also trying to model that in particle edit can be a pain.

Another render done for my artstation banner.

See here: https://www.artstation.com/artist/sozomaika

Very nice!