Animation Nodes

Nice to see cooperation :slight_smile:

maaan you did it, thatā€™s freaking fantastic!!!, iā€™m crying my eyes out!, canā€™t wait to try it out!!

Just get it in the GitHub: https://github.com/JacquesLucke/animation-nodes =]
I can say you already can have lots of fun with it!
Jacques is very kind on sharing and developing this addon!

Here is a Video in which I Show the new Sound Input node! :slight_smile:

@Jacques
super duper niceā€¦thanksā€¦:smiley:

Hey, i canā€™t install it in 2.71.6ā€¦ i get this error

, wait iā€™ll try 2.72 and let you know

Really nice addon! So much possibilities!
Thank you!

thanks lenain34

@electronicpulse
hm. that confuses meā€¦
can you open the console in Blender and make a Picture? (click in the top Header on Window -> Toogle System Console)

okay, it was my version! it works on 2.72 stable and now iā€™m getting the new development version =)

okay fine :slight_smile:

Do that! :smiley:

Just following your recommandations on how to create your own nodes, I did two simple ones (only few lines of code), for testing (ā€˜distance between objectsā€™ and a ā€˜simple if conditionā€™). It worked like out of the box ! So not only this addon help us animating things but also immensely simplify the coding. I see it as a great begginerā€™s door to programmation.

Hey Nikos_,
itā€™s great that you ā€˜testedā€™ my small ā€˜how to make nodesā€™ document :smiley: Well done! :slight_smile:
Do you want to share your code?

Iā€™d love it if it could be mixed up with shader nodes, but maybe instead of going so complicated you could make a node that outputs an attribute that can be called from the shader nodes, so for instance with the audio output since it goes from 0 to 1 it could be represented as black to white (gray scale) and that could be inputted to a mix node and make a shader change color with a mix based on the output that music is giving youā€¦ heheheh

Iā€™d love to have this functionality too. And we will get it soon. I just canā€™t do everything at the same time. I also work a lot on speed improvements and this always needs some time.

I promise that you will get the ability to change material settings with these nodes :slight_smile:

Do you want to share your code?

Sure, but itā€™s not much of a code ! :o

Distance between two objects
A > B Condition

the less code the better. Thanks :slight_smile:

I started with the material output node. So far it already works, but it still needs a few changes

Is it just me or is it not possible to have two custom node categories registered at the same time (using nodeitems_utils). Iā€™m working on an experimental nodes system called ā€œFLOWā€.

I have sverchok and Animation nodes installed. So I have to custom node categoriesā€¦ no Problem :slight_smile: :confused:

What is different in this node System ā€œFLOWā€?

Nothing to show yet, just started last night :slight_smile: It will be based on numpy from the ground up, have OSC + ChucK support, it will probably abuse the particle system. OK iā€™ll look carefully at the differences between how we register the custom tree.

sounds great. have fun hehe