Alfa Romeo 8c Competizione

Front of the car is coming along nicely. Some little touch ups needed here and there.

Attachments

this is looking really good. this is cycles correct? dont suppose i could see the tire rubber node setup? been struggling with the tire shaders myself. im proficient in lux, not cyc so theres some things im still prety new to as far as texturing goes in cycles.

Very nice. It seems to be missing the fog lights, front lip, and mesh for the grill. But I am guessing that you are planning on adding those.

Thanks! Yeah, It’s Cycles.
Tire rubber node is quite simple:

Thank you. Yeah, I’m adding those. Actually the front lip is already modeled. Pair of side mirrors are missing too.

thanks so much man!

Your tire shader worked wonders. if your interested on how it came out you can check out my viper thread (link in my sig). Gratzi mille!

No problem!

Everything is about done…as far the exterior of the car goes. No I should add some simple interior and decide if I’ll keep the color of the car as red and such. And I’m quite sure something is missing from the exterior too…

Attachments

Some new renders. Door handles seem to be missing too.

Attachments

Very good work so far, but I think the colors could be a little more “poppy” - the top and the lower sides seem a little pale atm.

When I first looked at this image I thought “Eh, why do I have problems with this pretty car and this pretty render”. After minutes of starring at it, I finally noticed: no exterior mirrors:cool:

BUMP! I see it too… no outside mirrors DOES sorta make it harder on the eyes. also try maybe a darker, smoother gradient backdrop with just a touch of blue or green to make the red really pop.

Or a more vibrant red but to be honest I like it the way it is

Gosh! the whole thing is looking great! I saw the thread for the first time now and got blown away with those tires. something seems a little off with the renders though, but I can’t quite figure out what.

I don’t like alfas.

But materials overall composition details leaves such a huge impression on me. Thank you for sharing art of your skills!

This is absolute modeling genius. Reflections look spot-on. I might sharpen up the crease that starts on the front wheel well and goes to the back of the door…in this picture it’s more visible than it is in your render. https://www.simraceway.com/system/photos/116/original/LOGO_Alfa8C_Side.JPG
Keep it up, mate!

Thanks everyone for the advices! I really appreciate all of them.

Thanks! Yeah, I try to figure out what is “wrong” with the model. As I don’t have blueprint top view I have to rely more on my eyes and reference photos. I guess little errors on the model are catching your eyes as it’s catching mine. Little pure by hand-modeling should level those little errors. And I experimented quite a lot with the cameras focal length with this one. That affects too.

mirrors are still an outstanding issue i notice. something you may choose to look into modeling. might make it a little more pleasing to the eye…

Of course. I’m working it. Mirrors are coming. :smiley:

This is a great model. I’m not familiar with this car, but it looks great! The car, the wheels and tires, the materials, the lamps…all very well done. Very inspiring, indeed.

Your topology is amazing. Looks great!