Alfa Romeo 8c Competizione

Thanks everyone!

Glossy white shader and dark grey diffuse mixed with fresnel node (rubber ior). Basic stuff.

Thanks! Watch tutorials and practice a lot. Learn new techniques and model something you like and you get better.

The body is coming along nicely. Thought the back of the car could be tricky.

Attachments

Getting there…

Attachments

this is looking awesome. i the bump map looks kinda funny to me still. did you make it yourself or find it online? its content is off. zuzzi made one for this tire that is spot on. he posted it in his aston martin thread. you can find the thread by just searching “zuzzi” in the upper right. i think it might look more accurate. this model is looking amazing.

Thanks! I’ll try that!
Edit. Yeah, it fits better does it?

Thanks to zuzzi!

Edit 2. Also a bit fatter rear tires and some wireframe render.

im glad the bump worked out. zuzzi is awesome. your wires look prety damn sick. im hoping to have it in me to finnish my viper soon. been just so exhausted. dont even want to get on the computer lately, so its not helping my rate of progress. very impressive so far dude.

Sick modeling i cant believe its so clean , well done!

Thanks! Yeah, I know the feeling. The excitement and joy is gone. It just feels exhausting sitting front of the computer. Then I go fishing or take a walk in the forest. Refresh your thoughts.

Thank you! Update is coming later this week.

Little update.
I really don’t know what kind of exhaustion system this car has and no real reference images emerged so I worked with what I had. It would not be seen anyway, but still…

Attachments

Some taillight fitting. No textures this time as everything is modelled.

Attachments

Fantastic

Nice car

Thank you donadel.

Great progress, cant wait to see this one when it’s done :slight_smile:
That taillight looks really nice…

Thank you!

Update. Funny how beautiful car like this is quite ugly from some angles. Car’s rear is definitely it’s best part.

Attachments

i disagree completely, i think with an agressive low to the ground camera angle the front would be the best part. the grill really is one of the defining factors about this car and its hidden from the back. aggressive low to the ground angles are how photographers get your attention so you dont just say “nice AR” but “DAMMMMMN”. aggressive angles are usually top down, side profile, 30 degrees front drivers side and close to the ground, and front profile. remember, the low camera angles should be as low as they can get without falling below the running boards. if you are lower than the running boards than you are both no longer able to see as much of the top of the car and are now often able to see parts of the bottom of the car you dont want people to see… note tire angle sells an emotion. turned so the rims face the camera will create a warm almost melting butter relaxing kindof feel, while more often the whels are turned so they are driving into the camera because the feeling of being run over is more “aggressive”, which is why most car photographers chose a low camera angle for sports cars, is it makes the car feel a lot bigger than it really is and ultimately creates that sort of machinery feel that you are looking for from a bad ass machine.
back side photos are best to get close to the tires, the exhaust, any emblems, and a rear profile.

i personally believe the most interesting part of ARs is the grill… might just be me… regardless of how you feel about decoration, modeling, whatever it is… elegance in simplicity. the front is just so interesting to me and you did a good job on it.

Ok, Maybe I exaggerated. Let’s say that it’s beautiful car whit some strangeness. :smiley:
And of course it’s only my own opinion. The front renders are coming when I model bits and pieces on it. I model the back first.

Back end nearly finished. Competizione badge made in Photoshop as I didn’t find any ready-to-use images for it.

Attachments

The back of the car is finished. Web is making odd seams…Better renders are coming!

Attachments