Alchemy

Same great quality as usual and beautiful arrangement!

Need I say stunning? I think it’s quite obvious…

Excellent rendering!!!

Gleb, how did you make the paper sheets? Did you model them by proportionally editing, sculpting, physics, or in a different way?

Congratulations, Gleb! Such a very nice and inspiring image. I love the way you focus your work not only in modeling or creating the scene, but the visual and photographic aspects, like DOF issues, chromatic aberration, dust and atmosphere… The more noise, the more natural, right? BTW, your contributions on your blog are really interesting, too. Keep working like this!

Looks great :)!

Even if you are a master (everything) in lighting.
But the paper under the flaming thing look fake ( tranclucent materials,rendertime?

very cool :slight_smile:

What are you, 12 years old?

Why do you care? He didn’t insult you or hurt anyone.
BTW, really nice piece. I like the shapes of the instruments and the lighting a lot.

Man, you are a talent! If anything there can be critiqued is the smoke that you (maybe?) did add in Photoshop. There is something that makes it look like little 2d and it seems the smoke is coming from everywhere, not only from the bottles. But other than that, for me it is perfect. :slight_smile:

As always, beautiful! Как всегда, красиво!

Lovely render and great modelling! I only wish the book was better visible. Now it is too much out of focus in my opinion.

Beautiful work. Excellently done.

Texturing and composition is amazing in here and well done. Bravooo!!!

Very Cool!

Superb work (as usual), Gleb!

Impressive work.

Do you use Blender physics to model the book pages and the draping fabric, or otherwise form the meshes manually?

Thanks for sharing,
-Christos

I love the ornamental detail on the oil lamp. I feel like it really exists, like it’s something an artisan from an old era would craft… except that it was thought up and crafted by a contemporary digital artisan. :slight_smile:
Nice job bringing the viewer’s mind to another place and time.

Fantastic. A couple of words do come to mind though: kenophobia and horror vacui, something of a theme in your work, understandably. Generally, the more information communicated the better understood the message. Is that your intent?

AMAZING! Models, materials textures and composition are perfect! 'nuff said!

So cool ! It would be nice to get an animation (but with 3 hour rendering for a single frame it may get complicated).