[Addon] UI Tabs - Change Category

Hi Mano-wii :wink:

We took a little part of your code and make this for our new addon.

I think it could be usefull for everyone ^^

All is funny in your material addon, congratulations @pitiwazou!

Looks interesting, looking forward to trying this.

I hate the move of the Grease Pencil ‘Stroke Placement’ settings from the N Panel (Properties) to the T Panel (Tool Shelf). The move increased my mouse travel to setup Grease Pencil when used with bSurfaces and GStretch. This might be my way of moving it back to the N Panel.

I liked :slight_smile: , I hope all the best for the addon

Damn. i just discovered a real flaw for me. The addon does not save the tabs setup even if you press the “Save User Settings” button. So if you close blender and then reopen it the tabs go back to where they were.???

Am I doing something wrongly or is the addon not meant to save the tabs setup across sessions?

I think I’m on the way to figure out the problem. After so much mess, the categories have restored to me too. I’ll try to find out what happened.

Looks great :slight_smile: Just to spare some code and maintenance, Blender now do thumbnails for material in the blend file, wouldn’t it be better to use this image? Your object is much better than the sphere used in the filebrowser patch, but Bastien is also French, so you could easily speak with him and just change the object used for preview?
Another thing to look at is the FluidDesigner library. They have a drag and drop function which is pretty cool. Of course it’s open source, so maybe you could take some part of the code to extend your addon?

@SHABA1, The problem really was a BUG !!!But it has now been fixed :).Download the fixed version in the first post. Thanks for report

Now it doesn´t loose my settings but some tabs are not editable / moveable. Like Surface Constraint or Apply Shapekeys Tab. : /

I hope really you solve all these bugs :slight_smile: I would freak out! :smiley:

I accidentally removed a recent correction. Now it’s fixed.

Download on the first post

ok it seems to work. Thanks!!

mano you should start putting major and minor version numbers in the post. That way we can know when you fix a bug or make a change . Because yesterday you fixed the bug with the addon not moving categories like Measuerit and jarchviz to the Archimesh panel, But then it would not save changes between sessions, so I downloaded that version, But now like haki some things like jarchviz and measureit refuse to move. ok so i think you fixed that but i thought that the previous fix was the one you were taking to haki about. ok here i go downloading again. I AM NOT COMPLAINING. Just making a sugesstion so we people that did not program the addon can get less confused.

Yes you are right :\ . Sorry any inconvenience. I will be more careful now on.

It was not an inconvience mano just confusing. I downloaded the latest from the first link and now everything works as should.

Now the only problem is that some of the addon panel are seperated from thier sub panels. i have one gigantic 'My Category" panel with almost everything under that . But that was becasue of my lack of organization not any fault of the addon.

Is there an earlier release of this addon that works in 2.75a. Could someone post a link. Thanks

This addon was originally made for the 2.75.4 version of the blender.
Be sure to unzip and install the file with extension “* .py” (“ui_change_category.py”)

Would this be the problem?

Thanks Mano. Are you saying you have to add .py to the end of the scripts name?

Not exactly.
It is quite possible that the extension of your files are hidden.
After unzip, in own blender, on the tab to install an addon, search for the file name: “ui_change_category”.

I use the version 2.76 of Blender and the installation goes smoothly. So I need more details to understand your problem and be able to help.

I have things working now. Thanks Mano

Hey man , is it possible to hide 3d view’s property bar’s compartment ? right now it is hiding only tools compartments