[ADDON] EWOCprojects presents PreSel

BIG UPDATE

version 0.3.0

I rewrote the drawing routines so its not that hacky anymore.
Now theres settings for highlight colour, vert size and edge thickness.

@kakachiex2 : now faces are drawn fully

I fixed issues with multiple component modes!

wow paleajed your a machine coding thanks for this so awaited feature

yiayyy paleajed this last version is really fast

@paleajed
one last suggestion to make the presel more beautiful can you add to the face presel included the border whit a more lighter color
sometime like this imageā€¦

version 0.3.1

@kakachiex2 : added white outline around face highlight

@paleajed
hope you do not hate me for this, but you should be proud of the contribution you have made, one last suggestion but if youā€™re willing to do itā€¦

• in vertex selection the edges shared by the vertex have a nice gradient, can you add this to the vertex presel highlight and iā€™m very grateful with you thanksā€¦:smiley:

version 0.3.2

@kakachiex2 : I havent figured out yet how to do a gradient line in opengl, but I implemented highlighting of the entire edges starting from the highlighted vert (maybe this is even better -> easier to make out what other verts are connected to the highlighted one, I often find myself trying to follow the gradient edges and getting lost along the wayā€¦) Let me know what you think.

Blender has this already it is difficult to see the source how blender handle this gradient over edges

@paleajed
i found a bug wen presel is active and i call the extrude or inset tool wen insetting and released it give an error and stop working

paleajed this addon is going to be a pain for you because it seems it interfere with some tools behavior

Waaaah! Preselecting! I am so exited! I hope this is possible as an add-onā€¦ a lot of things is giving errors at this pointā€¦

Here is mine - http://db.tt/P6UYz3Dk

Thrown during adding new vert/edge/face with ctrl-lmb.

Also, please make it work also when select with is set to left in user preferences.

I will monitor this thread.

Also, the brightness slider seems to break the color picker.

Commands that also break the addon: subdivide, knife, select path, edge crease, make edge-face, merge, inset faces, duplicate, select shortest path behaves wrong, vertex bevel, loop cut and slide and unwrap commands. Probably more.

yes i have experience this issue with the color picker

Hey there - this is getting better! Did some more testing with latest(3.2):

There are some errors when selecting single edges/faces, then moving the cursor away from that selection.
Try this:
-Hover over a face
-Click (but donā€™t move the cursor yet) so the face is selected (you can see the vert gradients)
-Move cursor away and some of the verts will not remain selected.
This seems random - sometimes two, sometimes three verts become deselected. Similar things happen in vert and edge mode when following the previous steps: edges often become completely deslected, same for single verts. This also happens after a tweak-drag: some random components will remain selected.

Tweak-dragging edges/faces:
After hovering to preselect an edge or face, if you then move the cursor close to a boundary vert (keeping original component preselected), tweak drag will move adjacent verts, not the preselected components.

G, R, S keys
With preselection on and a component preselected, hitting the G key will make blender think its moving something but nothing moves. Dx Dy Dz appear in the lower left of the 3d view.

With preselection on, and a component preselected, pressing R or S key kills blender.

version 0.4.0

I suppose all of these plus the ones reported by kakachiex2 should be working now!

The color picker issue : I suppose this is a bug in Blender? Ill look further into it.

Should work with leftmouse select too now.

EDIT: G, R and S seem to be working now too, do test though

version 0.4.1

some bugfixes

Havent been able to recreate this oneā€¦

I canā€™t repeat the mysteriously deselecting components, or the G, R, S issues anymore on version 0.4.1, so maybe its fixed!

I skimmed over some of the other tools like knife, bevel, and loop cut - no probs with 0.4.1

few more:
Preselection stops after hitting ā€˜Cā€™ to paint select
ESC to exit paint select and preselection works again

Preselection stops after selecting with paint or box select.
-Hover mouse over object in component mode
-ā€˜Cā€™ key to paint select a few faces
-ā€˜ESCā€™ Key to exit paint select
-First polygon selected with paint select maintains preselection coloring, preselection no longer happens under cursor
-ā€˜Aā€™ to deselect seems to reset preselection to a working state again.

Preselect stops working after tweak dragging a component.
ā€˜Aā€™ to deselect and preselect resumes

Edit1:
It may be relevant that I use the following prefs: ā€˜Release confirmsā€™, and Select with ā€˜leftā€™. These work great with Wacom.

Edit2:
Oops, new Error when returning from edit to object mode:
line 172 in modal
makeseldict
liine 359 in makeseldict
for v in bm.verts
referencError: BMesh

This seems to be related to adding to a selection with paint, box, or just click. if all components are selected with ā€˜Aā€™ key, returning to object mode doesnā€™t throw an error.

version 0.4.2

@ba_fjg : Ckey / Bkey selection fixed
tweak problems solved
Can you try if Edit2 now is solved? Information about this is too sparseā€¦

To all:

Its getting addictive trying to make this work well, I really wanna succeed!