[Addon] Cycles Multi-Tile-UDIM non destructive painting

Very cool stuff here. Thanks guys.

Yes thank you so much guys !
Is it possible to plug an UDIM Displacement Map ?
(With Vertigos or pitiwazou’s solution).

Thanks in advance

Hello rattle-snake,

yes, if you use material cycles displacement (not modifiers) you can use this faked UDIM system with no problem. Just add a displacement texture within each material and it should work. It does not work with displacement modifier because (when I tested it) in the edge intersections between parts the map affected twice.

I have to create a custom displacement group in order to have the same (and nice) displacement modifier result. I have added a couple of screenshots to explain that. Hope it makes sense, ask me whatever you need.

Cheers!

Hello Vertigos,
Thank you so much for your kind answer, i will look into that tonight :slight_smile:

Good evening Vertigos !
When I try your plugin on a simple cube it works.
However when I work with a character and I click on “MultiTile Set”, it shows me this error :
http://s3.postimg.org/m8oupqlxv/Error.jpg

Do you know why ? I don’t find what’s wrong :confused:

Hello rattle-snake,
could you send me your character /blend file? I cannot reproduce that error.
[email protected]

Sorry for that situation :frowning:

Hi again Vertigos,
i had issues with my UVS !
I made it again from scratch and now it works like a charm !
Thank you :slight_smile:

Glad to hear that :slight_smile:
Let me know if you think a way to improve the system.

Cheers!

Hi Vertigos,

I translate your add-on explanations for french people but I don’t see what is a scratch, please?
Could you explain me, please?

Hi,
do you mean “from the scratch”?

yes .

In french, a scratch is a “une rayure” (like on a rusty steel) but here about UVs, I can understand.

Hi,

“from the scratch” is an English expression, it means to do something new or fresh.
in example: you can sculpt something “from the scratch”, sculpt something using no references, just taking the pen and your imagination.

Hope it makes sense.

pd: I am Spanish, so do not trust any explanation from me at all! :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok Antonio thks,
I understand now.
But if I can: make labels more easy to understand, only clear terms, your add’on is so difficult to use, you understand me?

At soon for other things certainly…
Byebye

Take note of that Spirou4D :slight_smile:

I will take a look into the UI in order to improve it a bit!
Thanks!

MDR ! oui spirou “from scratch” veut dire “à partir de 0”. Bonne initiative pour la traduction :slight_smile:

Salut @rattle-snake, :eyebrowlift2:
At soon with the FR translation…but here is the actual menu:

Hi Spirou4D, very interesting addon, thank you. In case you haven’t seen this before, hope it helps.

Blender UDIM style UV Layout Tutorial (mapping, cycles, nodes) ENG sub

Hi @Harvester thanks a lot “mio cugino da sud”.
I didn’t know this vid. this add-on is amazing!

De rien, mon ami du nord :wink:

@Vertigos,
Il vostro add-on è veramente eccezionale, e ora che ho capito, lo trovo davvero fantastico!

Bientôt la traduction en français, les amis…