Abandoned Camera

Ummmm…

I’m not sure there is one yet, it is almost always deserted. I usually find someone on CapBots or tZorks servers in the evenings, but often if you join an empty server someone will show up within a few minutes.

Ok, will try with more patience then in the future. Hope to see you there. :slight_smile:

love the attention to detail, especially on the film and accessories, not that the primary model you first came out with was not fantastic, because it was, but you placed every little thing that some miss, the recycling impressions in the plastic, every little thing seems to be accounted for. Most enjoyable!

Great modeling!

Such a details… amazing render!

When I saw that Blender had a new UI in 3D world I thought it was time to download it and give it a second look. Now I’ve just started getting to know the various Blender sites and blogs, and really looking for the stuff that is ultra professional as I come from a background in other packages. When I see this kind of work, it makes me think that Blender is on track to be a major 3D app of the future. The fact that it is free and open source means that it’s ground base will be huge and for many talented artists it will be their first way into the industry, and soon they’ll drag blender into the industry with them. This work makes me very excited and impressed and now I really want to learn Blender also.

The strap’s drapery is incredible! Good work!

Great work, very impressive details there.

Awesome shot…I love those old cameras. Who said old cameras can make good pictures???

Well done! How long did it take?

Difficult to say, as I worked on it for an hour or so here and there over two weeks. Probably about two days modelling - I modelled the interior, film wind mechanism, shutter and lens block too, then another two days on materials and texturing, plus hours (and hours) of lighting and render testing and final rendering. Then post production.

Possibly I’m overestimating, possibly around a (slow, leisurely) week.

Beautiful!! (:

That sir looks awesome! I would not have guessed it’s a render if I hadn’t seen it here. Great job!

Very very nice !

There is only one minor thing that i can see: the ground, especially the damaged area just behind the camera… I am not sure about that: it feels a bit flat…

this is really one of the most realistic pictures I could find here on blenderasrtists.
Very good work!

sooo cool! The amount of realism is just insane in this picture! you did a great job!

Looks so photorealistic, good job!

Wow, that is a nice model, and a good render!
That camera looks a lot like the Pentax ME Super.
I guess that they all shared camera bodies in the old days! :slight_smile:

The details are really nice.

@ Gwenouille - Yes, a bit. The damaged area has a normal map (as do the paint splashes), but with environment lighting, two area lights and a meshlight, perhaps the lighting is a bit too flat, or lacking definition. I wanted an even light to enhance the dust and stillness, I just couldn’t reconcile it all in the time available.

@ agoose77 - Perhaps a classic example of design where form follows function?

@ all - thanks for all the kind words.

:slight_smile: