Abandoned Camera

Looks sketchy. I bought a 1998 E 320 from a mechanic with 180k miles for $4900, but it had tons of documentation for service, seems sketchy so unless u get a second opinion from another mechanic and do quite a bit of research I would stay away.

I’m not sure exactly what you’re asking. The strap is raised off the ground, that’s why it is casting a shadow.

Nice render man
and i like the idea

Super Realistic! :yes:
Well done!

great work man, really great!

Awesome work! Great attention to details.

Brilliant stuff

Fantastico!!
Congratulation for the Second Place!

P.S. I prefer your work to the winner! (sorry - no offense to “Jaktens tid”…however great work!)

Thanks very much, and I appreciate the compliment.

:smiley:

Looks photo-realistic to me (pun intended). :slight_smile: Blender is clearly a powerful tool in powerful hands.

At first I thought this is a photo… Good job!

So is Yafaray :smiley:

Very nice. I couldnt believe its CG. Great work in imperfections. Just wondering how long it took to render and if materials are yours?

Sheesh! That’s one gorgeous render! Very realistic, as everyone has said. I’m very impressed. You have me on the verge of trying to give another shot at making Yaf render something (I’ve had horrid luck with externals. I just can’t figure this stuff out.) Would you consider doing a YouTube Blender-Yaf tutorial for idiots like me?

Thank you for the compliments :slight_smile:

@ lagger - I’m not sure of the render time(it was a while ago), but it would have been around 3 - 3.5 hours on my old dual core, for the hi-res render.

The materials are all mine. Almost all of them are Yafaray’s Glossy material - I think just the paper is Shiny Diffuse.

@ AdamEtheredge - Thanks. I have considered making a tutorial, but I don’t have any recording equipment here(or a fast upload speed). There are some good tutorials around if you search, but a good place to start is Yafaray’s documentation.

The User Guide is excellent:- http://www.yafaray.org/documentation/userguide
There are some FAQs:- http://www.yafaray.org/documentation/userfaq
And a selection of tutorials and example files:-
http://www.yafaray.org/documentation/tutorials
http://www.yafaray.org/download/examples

It is also sometimes worth wandering around in the Learning Resources forum. There is lots of stuff there on render settings and materials(again, some old, some new):- http://www.yafaray.org/community/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

Some of them may not give an identical render, as Yafaray is still developing and improving, so it may depend on which version you use. Also, most of this stuff is for Blender 2.49. The api for 2.5x has been changing, so getting a stable Yafaray out will depend on when Blender 2.5x is finished. Having said that, the builds on graphicall.org are very usable and the current setup has Yafaray bundled in, so there is no need to install it separately.

Thanks for the response, Organic. Sometimes on this site I feel like I have FNG Syndrome or something.
At any rate, I’ve been experimenting with Yaf all day, and I’m having a real blast. I’ve been using it on the space chick mocap scene I’ve been working on recently, and I’m getting some VERY sweet results. Looks like something out of the Star Trek '09 movie, except with far fewer lens flares.
One thing I’ve noticed: I feel certain that Yaf is FASTER than BI. I used to think BI was the bees knees, but I tell you, Yaf does some nice things with light, glass, and reflections. AND IT’S FAST :smiley: You can’t beat that. It runs rings around BI, as far as I can tell. I’m psyched to get some animation renders out of this thing and see how they look.
So THANK YOU for inspiring me to give Yaf another go. I’m glad I saw your incredible pic, and I think today’s Yaf experience may have just caused me to really turn a corner in my Blender experience. Best of luck, and I’ve been wanting to do some tutorials myself lately, so Yaf will definitely be on my list of topics to hit hard in tuts. And if I do, remind me to mention and feature your awesome cam pic in one of them.
You’re the man. Keep up the great work and awesome art!

Ah, yes, that camera. Organic, this is one of the most awesome render I ever saw. I always planned to tell you next time I see you on Nexuiz :), but I think I never did… or did I? Anyway, better twice than never. That render is truly very very good, it should have won the contest!

very good job…

Like you want to be

Thank you Sanne.

I think I remember you did mention it, but praise me some more anyway, I like it !

Still haven’t seen you on Xonotic, where are you hiding? :smiley:

Thanks, ricaxe

Oh! I did after all. I’m getting old…

but praise me some more anyway, I like it !

And you well deserve it! Once more: awesome render! There. :slight_smile:

Still haven’t seen you on Xonotic, where are you hiding? :smiley:

Ah, that’s where you are. I’d love to play Xonotic, but everytime I check there’s nobody there. So when is a good time to play?