9 square meter chess poster - motif needed

I honestly didn’t know about this when i created this scene yesterday, i was just inspired by another chess render i saw. But as it happens my idea fits perfectly.

Obviously title can be removed and dimensions changed if needed.

Here is my render.

Attachments

Working on something did you say there was a deadline??

Grosem said::::: Ok, our plan is to collect money until the end of the year. Afterwards we will have a poll which motifs to use.
So I can integrate your proposals until the end of the year. However, we cannot start to advertise to raise money without a first proposal. So the earlier I get some material the more money we can get and the more billboards we can pay.

Which image do you like the best???

OR

OR

Cheers,
FERGOBLENDER

OK guys, great results so far! Some comments from my side:

• timeline: feel free to work on your images until the end of the year. The timeline is not 100% fixed, but around this time we will decide how many billboards we can pay and where they should be.
  • additional text: on all images I need to integrate a url. If you want to do it yourself that’s great. Please use www.mein-schachverein.de (it is just an example). Also if you can think of a great text to integrate, let me know and I translate it to German.
  • selection: we will present all images on our homepage. How the final selection process will look like depends on the amount of money we collect and how many great pictures you give me

Oh, and fergoblender: I like the third one best.

Thanks! btw here is a little idea for text on my image “THERE ARE MILLIONS OF CHESS PLAYERS IN THE WORLD AND EVEN MORE TO BE REVEALED” :smiley:
Please give your critique!

The Dark Knight

A bit of a concept image, I’ll see how I go

Attachments

Hey guys,
I am on vacation, so it will take some days before I can start everything. Time schedule might change depending on some processes in our organization, I will keep you updated.

fergoblender: It is “Es gibt Millionen Schachspieler auf jeder Welt und jeden Tag mehr”

I am kind of hoping that somebody also tries my other idea “chess in the spotlight”. But your images look great so far! Thanks a lot!

I’m planning to enter this and I have two ideas. One idea for each suggestion:

The same ‘theme’ will be used in each idea, so it will be easy to do both ideas. So am I allowed to make 2 entries?

And this really doesn’t make sense to me…

This doesn’t add up to a 9 square metre image, so is this just the size of the finished image that needs to be submitted?

Randy

Hi Guys,
I thought I’d participate just for fun :wink:
Here’s my WIP (still a bunch of thing I need to do such as color-correction, dimensions etc…)
Anyway, this is what I have so far:

Great entries people! keep it up.

Looks great :smiley: Did you use an armature to make the pose or did you just model it fully?

@ Fergoblender:
Only modelling… :slight_smile: But I plan to give it at least a basic rig for poses…

EDIT: Unless I win the competition (unlikely i think), I plan to use this baby in another project…

That is the size of the image I will need to upload. You can send me other sizes now, but if your image will be used we will need it in this size.

I like this one best, although it suggests combat and makes the viewer to identify with the white which is outnumbered… it’s a nice idea… I think it could be associated with the fact that when you get better at chess this felling that you always run out of pieces while the opponent doesn’t simply disappears…

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/3488/test12comptext.png

Ignore the text.
The dust needs work as well.

Looks great! I’m looking forward to make this happen next year!

Here is my image with the text :smiley:

Here’s my first attempt on this.

I placed the king somewhat off-center, leaving room for text on the left side.

Attachments

Here is my attempt:

I’ve placed the king a little off-centre, leaving room on the left side for any text.

Attachments

took a shot at your other idea grosem