2005 TARDIS Interior

Ok. I got a much better crackle texture so the ring looks drastically better. I just need to add a bit more contrast. I unwrapped the fence and made that material so that parts of it won’t reflect and I added the same material to one of the grates. I’m thinking I need to take away some of the contrast but what do you guys think. I also need to unwrap the pillars so that I can get some bump mapping.

Ok. I made a few updates.

My main problem now is lighting. My current setup is five yellowish lamps around the walls making them look yellow. In attempt to counter this for everything else I’ve added a few blue lights to focus on the console.

Looking better. Something still seems off though…what’s the curve of the walls like?

Here are some opengl renders.

I also started a thread on the lighting and rendering section because I’m not happy at all with my lighting. I have to say that I think my model is the best I’ve seen of this console room made by a fan.

Forgot to mention, I based the wall curve off of the pillars, which I made a reference image for so I think it’s ok but I’m not sure.

Yes, the lighting really needs some work. The dome shape of it is completely lost as is.

Do you mean you think It’s the wrong shape?

I was just looking at my scene when I remembered this image.

So now I have to go and fix the scale of that and probably everything else.

I fixed everything (I think) I’m going to try to make the mesh for the console and the time rotor.

The texture on the pillars is really good!
Are you planning on modelling The Doctor too?
I’m interested to see how you approach the center pillar (no idea what its called) with all the time travel mechanism and blue light. It’d be cool if you rigged that to move as if the TARDIS was actually time-travelling…
Looking good :smiley:

Thank you.

As the center pillar do you mean the time rotor? I just used a bool modifier and extruded and I already rigged it with shape keys. For the blue light, I currently have an area lamp and a part translucent part glass shader. I need to put a ton of work on the material though.

I want to make all of the recent doctor’s except for Capauldi. I’m just terrible at organic modelling.

You should fix your walls. I think the Hexagons around the lights, looking at that reference image, are to small. Scale them out a bit at the front to open them up a bit. Also, the walls need visible seams. If you look in your reference image, it seems every two bulbs in the wall is another panel. 4 lights to a panel, it seems. LIke if it were built of squares.

Yeah. I might even go as far as to redo them. It’s just a really painful process.

Update. I added the time rotor, the grates on the console and the holes in the ring of the console (there aren’t enough though).

What do you think of my glass material? It’s just a glass shader with the GGX algorithm mixed with a translucent and .05.

Seems alright. Possibly a bit too transparent further up away from the light though…

Could be but I’m not sure. It will be more obvious once I have it set up on the actual model and My lighting is working right.

I remodeled the walls but I haven’t added the lights yet. I’m not sure but I think that the wall material is actually translucent and it gets the coloring from outside the set, instead of just light bouncing off of the walls. I also added the frame on the walls.

Ok, I did a quick render with the lighting from the outside. I think it looks promising if I can make a grunge map to go on the walls and give it a bit of bump mapping.

Hey there! Nice TARDIS model! Doctor Who sorta ruled my life growing up; this seems interesting.

The time rotor column looks a bit thin IMO, you should try fattening it up. It isn’t a perfect cylinder either; its more thicker towards the bottom than the top (subtle difference). You also need to add dangling wires and a few other details in, because the current render looks too empty.

I’m curious as to how you made the floor grille. Did you do it the same way you made the pillars (array and offset) or something else?

Anyway, cheers and best of luck!

Thanks.

I think the time rotor being then isn’t because it’s too thin, it’s because it’s too long. I didn’t realize that it’s bigger on the bottom I’ll try it and see how it looks.

The grills are just a wireframe modifier.