1983 Porsche 928

about the solidify modifier, to deal with those extra poligons, i add a Loop cut on the rim of the solidify once this is applie, that way you can easily use that edge to cut and erase the extra mesh that is not needed, leaving the perfect edge extrude, it would be great if the solidify it self could generate extra subdivision for the rim.

Thanks for tips! I actually went for Philippe’s suggestion, because I’m afraid of having so many faces in a close space :frowning: … The thing is that getting rid of the solidify was a good choice, and yet, I run out of RAM just in the next render. Addition of pieces which included sub-surf, I guess. Fortunately, today I had to go to the city center and I decided to buy 1GB more of RAM (that makes 3GB Total). It’s DDR2, so it’s not worth buying more. But 'till big upgrade, problem solved. I can render now.

…and I’ve finished the exterior!! Now I’ll be doing a quick basic interior…

So I have this render done right now which I could share. I’m rendering the front right now. But these renders are not final yet, ofc. I’m planning on doing exterior renders.

Keep posted!

Render finished!

Looks pretty good! Only thing I notice is that the car doesn’t look like it’s actually sitting on the ground plane. Generally you’d get a slight tyre-squishing effect on the ground because of the weight of the car. A Lattice & Lattice modifier should do the trick - it really helps get a sense of realism across. Just be careful not to overdo it :slight_smile:

Thanks! Did I do it right?

So I think interior is next up. But do tell me if there’s something to fix on what I’ve done until now.

Hopefull I will be done with all modelling by Sunday! Then the rendering begins. I’ll need help…

Something messed up on the render about rear interior part, but well, at least the main interior part is alright. As I said it’s very basic.

Courage my Friend,

you almost achieved a feat.

This 928 S will be a pure jewel in our TDU.

It’s already a must have !!

:wink:

Thanks. Modeling is finished. Final renders being done, will be posted soon in finished projects section :wink:

Great modeling …

Thanks! Much appreciated.

rendering have to be better work on studio.

Ofc, those are just test renders.

Intended to do exterior renders, but my PC has clearly stated against it, so I was “forced” to post what I’ve done for now. This is the thread in Finished Projects section: http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?291969-1983-Porsche-928S

You’ve a made a fantastic work.

You build a new model, and i think it’s bigger than just “mod” FM4 models to TDU… :wink:

Thx for all that work. Respect !

Just, I wonder how you will give a correct interior to this 928… :confused:

Will you use FM4 interior / texture, like 944, etc… ?

Nah, I’ll model it. Besides, I haven’t got any games from which I could take it. Fyi, as stated on the final thread, I didn’t make this just for TDU. That idea came later. I just wanted to model an existing car that hasn’t been done before often.