1983 Porsche 928S

So here it goes, my latest model, and also the most detailed and longest project. It’s also my first representation of an existing car. You can see WIP thread here.

This started out for various reasons. First, I wanted to try modelling using blueprints. Although there were no accurate blueprints of this exact version of the 928, the job was made much easier thanks to my best friend who owns the car and sent me photos per request. Secondly, I wanted to test myself, since before this project started, I had found it really hard to finish all my models. Besides, I wanted to do a car that hadn’t been done before (at least not frequently), and it seems that only humster3d has done a 3d version of it (which I didn’t find very good). And finally, it has been requested long ago for TDU, but as there was no model of it, it couldn’t be done.

Enough talk, here it is!

Please comment and critique!

2 Likes

nooooooooo you should make better renders those are hmm such a nice model and the renders are like quite bad.

I love this car,

and i love your work.

So for me it’s a very good model.

Really respect.

:wink:

Yeah, I know, I should master mats and lighting next, shouln’t I? Also, the main renders were supposed to be outdoors, but my PC didn’t agree.

Absolutely love it :smiley: And that badge! Wow!

Did a great job with the tyre-squish as well, looks perfect to me. Materials look pretty good too! Can’t really comment either way on lighting and so on, however, since I rather suck at those :o
I’m guessing the headlights just pop out when they’re needed?

Also, the detailing on the interior of the other lights’ covers is seriously sweet!

Glad to hear that! Since Kramon’s comment I thought I had totally messed up… I’m even working on more (improved, I hope) renders, just as Kramon himself is.

Impreza, i have to say that I like all your work. All those cars you made are inspiration and this render is evidence, that you are open-minded towards unconventional way of rendering car.

Blend on!

Wow, thanks! Didn’t really know someone would really like my works… By the way my unconventional rendering is just lack of skills, hahah. This is actually my first work with which I’m satisfied on the modelling part. I am now focusing on improving my rendering.

Great car and the render is not “quite bad” either, it looks great! I honestly don’t know how anyone could say that about this render, it’s clean, the mats looks great, the lighting is nice, etc. Just because it isn’t rendered outside in an environment, or jumping into the air and turning into a Transformer doesn’t make it a bad render. The only thing I can see is a tiny bit of banding on the background floor, and that is either caused by Photoshopping or you didn’t have Dithering turned up in the render settings. I say NICE JOB! :smiley:

Thanks very much, means a lot! But I myself see that it can do with improving… anyways I’m done with this project.

You’re very welcome! Anything we make can always be improved, or done differently, but this is a quality render nonetheless :smiley:

oops, I seriously thought I had commented on this before. nice work really, I think the renders and modelling are fine, and I especially the logo.

Nice job. The renders look very nice and the car mesh is well done. The materials and lighting are what I would work on but you already said that you are done with the project and it is quite good as it is.

This porsche gotta be atleast my favorite 80s car with the inline 8 engine nice build bro, One thing i noticed is the back lights are like tinted it shouldve been more lighty

Am a guy thats like lookin for perfection i also notice the bumper front lights are little little bigger it shouldve been more smaller