1932 Ford Coupe

Thanks Anthony C and sdighe, I’m going to watch some you tube videos on arrays and curves, hopefully I can figure out an easy way to do this. I know you can attach a piece of geometry to a curve and array it around the curve, but it’s always seemed quirky to me. When it works it works great, I just don’t know how to control it. In reality the blower belt and pulleys will hardly be visible when the car is all together but I’d like to have it right anyway. Thanks again for the tips.

Instead of trying to finish the engine yesterday I watched football and got started modeling the cab of the car. I still have a lot of tweaking to do to it but I wanted to render it out to sort see how it’s looking. The more work I get done on this the more work I see I have to do. I think I’m going to stretch the frame a bit just because the engine is really jammed in there. It fits but it feels a bit cramped. I’m not too sure about the air scoop, maybe it’s a scale thing…idk, maybe I just don’t like the design. I am at least starting to feel like this is getting closer to being done. I had to laugh when I looked this render over, because of the tiny little U-bolts holding that entire front end on. I don’t know how I didn’t notice that before, lol.

Woah! That’s looking sharp! Good modeling and liking the materials too.

love this, reminds me of one of those “Rat-Rods” of sin city motors. you’re attention to the intricate details on this model is impressive. fantastic work

Man this is really starting to come together.
What did you end up doing for the belt?
Pulleys came out nice.

Thanks IconW, much appreciated!

Thanks Jamie B, IDK about impressive…maybe obsessive, even compulsive…lol.

Thanks Anthony C…It ended up being quite easy after several hours of tutorials and playing with curves and the array modifier. I got close to what I wanted but in the end I simply added 3 circles, one for each pulley and then attached edges to the outside outlining the belt shape and deleting unneeded verts. I then subdivided the straight parts until each had what looked like the same spacing as the circle parts and used the space tool to even them all out. After that it was just a matter of an extrude for the width, a thicken modifier and inset and extrude the teeth. The pulleys I did exactly as you suggested in your earlier post. They lined up almost perfectly I think I might have had 1 too many verts on the belt for perfect alignment but it was very close and good enough.

Really well executed.

smooth renders, great work man!!

Great looking render.

Looking for a top row spot when this one is done.

Hey… looks great!.. hope to see you finish this one out…

@ Anthony C, roninzero Ryeath and norvman - Thanks so much for the comments, very much appreciated!

Man you haven’t put a foot wrong. This seriously looks good, keep it up.

WOW … just … WOW!

Haha… lol, i would go with perfectionist. can’t wait to see your next render of this.

Amazing work is all I can say. I’ll have to check back.

Oh I’ve stumbled more than a few times on this, In fact I just finished the grille from a nice real photograph where the guy was saying it was a 32 grille and now that it’s done I can see that is shaped all wrong. Minor setback, pretty quick to remodel really…but as an example of one of my many missteps .

Thanks for the compliment, I’m glad that you’re liking the car.

Thanks Googolplexian!

Haha…nice way of putting it…Thanks Jamie