poste

Hello… here it comes…POSTE…

This is a work for a university exam, all made in Blender. It is not perfect but it has been a good occasion to improve my skills and learn how to use the new VFX tools.
The building is “Palazzo Poste” in Trento, Italy, in today’s version and in the Asburgic version.
The music is made by Outopsya.

I posted some steps of the work here and the blend of the building here.

Thanks for watching…

Really cool!

It’s beautiful, very nice.

There’re some details here and there, not very well done.
However, this is impressive, you should write a tutorial.
Thank you for sharing your work. Interesting, even impressive, from some perspective.

Man, I want to extend a big congratulation to you on this, because it is excellent. I really hope people will take the time to watch the video. The modeling/texturing of the building was really nice, and I watched some of your WIP on this. But I’m super impressed with the tracking and CG integration you did with this. The only thing that was kind of a giveaway is you could see the flatness on the smoke cloud from the domain. What I’m curious about because I havent worked with Blenders smoke sim, is I saw how you had a shadow projectiing from the smoke… I didn’t know smoke would throw off shadows like that in Blender.

But a really nice job on all the different elements.

Thank you everyone…

Right now I don’t have time to do a tutorial, I am too busy. But, in the future I could and would try to make it. According to you, Which parts of the work could be more interesting?
However, if you think it might be useful I could share other parts of the work. They are just a little messy.

Do You mean the flatness at 0:55 on the left of the video? I don’t know why, but in blender the behavior of the z-transparent for an object changes if the object is inside or outside of the smoke domain. The plane that you see is the volume of the building that go out from the domain. The process of the simulation took one day and a half with the PC that i used (i7), so I found many difficulties to set a decent simulation also because changing the resolution of the simulation changed also the timing of the smoke.

I guess I noticed the flatness startiing at about :44. Blender smoke is something I haven’t really played around with very much, but you really did a nice job on this project.

Congratz on this final result. Really well done! I especially like the lighting and toning of the building, that makes it fit very well in the video footage. If you find the time to do that tutorial, I’d be certainly interested.

You say it’s not very well done and in the same instance your impressed?

Its completelly very well done, unbeliavable, amazing, congratulations!