Zakk Wylde project

thank you richjhack. The site is new as of today. I will keep it updated as I progress

here is a progress update. the beginnings of level one. lots of new stuff and improvements with more to come

The new video looks good! I love the shine you have on the materials.

Thank you very much InvertedPyramid!

a lot of the shine is achieved by one of my favorite features “reflection” mapping coordinates.
putting a texture in there adds a lot of depth to materials.

hi, here is another update

When are you going add hit points to zakk wylde?You need some health potions.

I just added “health” to the devil guys so that they can be “killed” and not just keep spawning with no end.
I will certainly take your advice and work on Zakk’s health and damage properties soon.

I want to put out a demo for people to play, so before that Zakk will have to face his own demise.

thank you

hi, just a quick update. Zakk and the demons now have health meters and can die.
Zakk can get more health from the cans of beer at the bars. the framerate of this vid sucks but the game plays much better

It is looking better.How many enemy types are you going to make?

hi 3d solar. you can check out my ideas for the game elements at http://www.crunchythought.com/zw/

thank you

Which enemy are you going to make next?

Hi 3d solar,
Right now I’m going to focus on building this level into something fun to play and more complete.
It is actually fun already which is cool!

I also want to go back and refine the current animations/models for the two characters I have now. (Zakk and Devil)
I am also planning to do more work on the sound effects and music for the level.

After that, I’m not sure where I will go with it.
Do you have any suggestions?

thank you

Objects with spikes that come at zakk from many different directions randomly.That the character has to dodge.Make it top view part of the game with different music than the rest of the game.You can make this type of room before you get to another level.The room would lock zakk in and zakk would have to go through it.

Cool idea, thank you.

I was thinking about having some columns of flames that would shoot out randomy that he would have to avoid as well.
I will be adding more props to this level such as chairs and tables and I was thinking about having devils guys at the bars that would throw liquor bottles at him

Those are very good ideas.

thank you for your comments 3d solar

I have a week off work coming up and I’m hoping to get a lot done then.

here is another update. more added bells and whistles