young lady

Well done on getting this to the top row!! :smiley: well deserved.

yes 3dneksus, your are right, i overdid it a little with here muscles. good point. thanks.
wow, thanks bonrw, this was indeed a nice surprise when i came today to the forum :slight_smile:

Looks waxy, otherwise pretty good.

@JustWandering; The difference between skin and wax qualities are very small BTW, so itā€™s actually a kind of compliment!

Hi Doris,

What a nice render here.
You really pushed your level with this one.
Gorgeous sculpting and idea. congratulation

Very expressive!!! Great work Doris! :smiley:
I wonder why she looks a bit disappointedā€¦ it could evolve into a very small story, with a more happy ending. :slight_smile:

Always great to see your work, Doris, especially in the top row :smiley:

thank you everybody, really happy :slight_smile:
justwandering, maybe the feel is because of the specular. i try to look at that particulary on my next project.
pieriko, very happy to hear that from you, as i admire your character work. thanks for the normal video btw, i learned something new with it.
secrop, next one will have a lighter mood :wink:

Wonderful work. Maybe better with more sss in skin texture

Beautiful work, Doris! When I first saw the image and the title of the thread, Iā€™d thought it was a sculpt off an old Billie Holiday photo. Anyway, keep up the amazing work. :slight_smile:

thank you jemian and realistik.

more sss, or less sss, this is always the question. some suggested in this thread it is too waxy, meaning probably too much ss, some it is not enoughā€¦ i donā€™t know, to me it feels right for a skin of the darker color as she hasā€¦ i appreciate your observations, as it makes me aware that there is still something that does not sell as ā€œrealā€ā€¦ i will try to make better in the next project.

My personal opinion is that it may be the eyes that are detracting from the realism and giving it the Madame Tussauds quality (is that a back-handed compliment? :confused:).

Try covering the eyes of the full-scale image with your hand or a piece of paper and see if you come to a similar conclusion.

hi richard,indeed madeas tussaud quality is quite a compliment! i actually do know one of the sculptors that is working for madame tussaud, so yes, your comparing makes me happy :slight_smile: ā€¦ i made the covering test, i am not sure i can agree. but then i worked many hours on this image, and you know how this makes yourself ā€œblindā€ for the work. ā€¦thanks for the great comment :slight_smile:

Absolutely Beautiful. Great Composition also.

4 days? Incredible. WOW.

The scult and compo are realy impressive
But Iā€™m sorry but i see a wooden statue.
skin texture is a nightmare for everyone^^

thank you twitch and cerginaā€¦ yes 4 days, packed with 8 hours or a little more of creating her. pure fun :slight_smile:

very beautiful work doris ā€¦ thx :slight_smile:

and i thank you, sumolondo :slight_smile:

Amazing job. She looks perfectā€¦ almost too perfect :wink: