Woman of the future

Completely agree but does give them those sexy long legs! I think for one weekend a month it is not a big problem but when it starts being daily her feel will look like claws by 60.

Thanks for the wire tut. I tried it once myself but wasn’t satisfied, I’ll try your tips. Thanks!

ps what settings do you have on the armature and bones? I see when you edit it they become transparent

Nice work on the hose Rigg… very good ideas there…

fantastic project! I think the only thing to be careful is not to plan her
with too much artificial intelligence

Thank you very much for all the comments!

The material is very simple, just diffuse and glossy mixed using Layer Weight node for a “fresnel like” effect on the edges:

However, the most of the visual effect comes not from the materials, but from carefully placed light sources (as far as I remember, there are 8 of them), so it’s the light that is responsible for the majority of visual impact and I consider proper, careful lighting the most contributing factor that makes any scene work. BTW, I used to work as a photographer a few years ago in the real photographic studio with real, live, non-robotic fashion models and professional lighting equipment :slight_smile: This past experience is almost all directly applicable to Cycles rendering.

You need to set “Maximum Draw Type - Wire” for your armature to make it transparent like I did:

http://i.imgur.com/uq3clSS.png

There is one more interesting thing in this scene - I used lots of Dupli Groups. The reason behind it is that this hand is built mostly out of repeating modules, so I need only one bearing module, one finger tip module etc. This way I saved a lot of memory and my scene shrunk from 3 000 000 vertices to 270 000 vertices without losing any quality. There is only one copy of each module in the scene, the rest are Empties with Duplicate Group feature enabled. Because I was using modifiers on those modules (mostly subdivision surfaces), I had to use Dupli Groups instead of simple Duplicates. This is explained in depth here:

First comment! Being that it is my first time posting. Robot chick is AMAZING work, I hope to be that skilled someday.

I love the knuckles and other joints. Very impressive.

Amazing. Although I do agree with @comeinandburn. The wip shots are marvelous. The final composition doesn’t do all your hard work justice. Initially I was like, “why top row?” Then I saw the other shots. Thanks for showing us behind the scenes!

Nice work. The composition came across as flat - doesn’t have much depth. However, I see from your making of posts that you have a interesting concept and a well executed set of objects to work with in future compositions. Good job and thank you for sharing.

Actually i also meant the shape or did you simply add a custom mesh for the shape?

edit
I think i got it, you used envelop as bone type. Completely forgot about these, i dont really use armature and dont know that much about it

Nice modeling. I think it would look better if it more resembled human anatomy - the fingers are too similar and too thin, the palm is not flat in this pose.

Great modeling on the hand seriously, very sleek, and looks a great deal sinister!

Wow! This design is so beautiful. And the render is flawless.

I don’t know if you are a product designer but if you are not you should probably be one.

With these nice, smooth designs and this quality of render you could get far! I bet a lot of designers would envy your skills.

Excellent Work¡ everything 100% tweaked