Wolf WIP - Honest Critiques Welcome

doing great but the absolute very best thing you can do to help yourself is setting up image planes/reference. Find a dog if you cant find a wolf, match it from front and side view and you’ll do great

Well, it’s fixed now.:stuck_out_tongue: I started retopologizing the model, so I’ll fix the eyes after I finish that. So much easier to do with a clean model.:stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks.:smiley: I probably should have done that earlier in the blocking out process, but I have used background images throughout several parts of the modeling.

Here’s the latest progress screenshot:

Working on retopology. I’m pretty happy with the edge flow so far.

Attachments

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

good luck on the retopo

Not bad, although you’ve taken exactly the opposite approach to modeling than I tend to do. While I model all the basic proportions and stuff in edit mode and limit my sculpting to muscle/bone definition and skin irregularities, you modeled everything by sculpting. =[

Your retopo looks good so far. You may find that you’ll have to tweak the proportions in edit mode after it’s done.

I like to use sculpting for most of the process because doing that allows me to focus on the proportions and appearance alone, then I don’t have to worry about topology at the same time. Retopology is also a great time to work on proportions because it’s easier to perform some operations like scaling without really bogging Blender down.

More progress on the retopo:

Only a couple things left to retopologize, the legs and the nose. I also need to make the area for the eyes a bit better as well.

Woohoo! Finished the retopo!

This is a milestone, first wolf/canine I’ve ever modeled.:smiley: From now, it’s onto textures, hair, rigging, and finally rendering. Wish me luck!:stuck_out_tongue:

Woohoo, finished the body textures!

This is the first time I’ve hand painted textures, I’m pleased with the result.:smiley:

Little fur test:

The fur has been made!

Look at dat tail. So bushy.