[WIP ADDON] Particle Surfacer

Usually this is a sign they’re busy working hard on the addon :slight_smile:

This is awesome. I’m working with someone on a project trying to mesh point clouds. I’m trying to get them to be able to do it w/ Blender so they don’t have to go drop a ton of cash on 3ds Max.

Any idea when this might be released?

Thanks.

Hi, how is this progressing? quite curious about it.

@jonsandbox
Why not shrinkwrap an object to the pointclouds

Hi Albertofx,

Wouldn’t that be a matter of taking an existing object and wrapping it to the point cloud?
Or could you create a single plane, subdiv the crap out of it, and then shrinkwrap it? - Would that be the same as meshing the cloud?
(I’m still a novice w/ Blender.)

It depends. resolution wise, shrinkwrapping wouldn’t do the job.

Okay, that’s good to know. I’ll have to look into other options as this would be for high-density point clouds. Thanks.

If it’s okay with you, you can post up the file with the point cloud and I’ll try meshing it.

Albertofx,

Thank you. I have some more sample files at work. I tried uploading a zip file I got it from here:
http://www.pointcloudmodeling.com/download.htm

I tried uploading this file, near the bottom of the page.
“Piggy bank”, four scans, 600,000 points pcm-house4.zip (3.7 Mb zip-file)

If that doesn’t work, let me know and I’ll get you a better one when I get into work on Monday. Thanks for offering to try this.

Do you happen to have the .blend file with pointcloud already imported? because I have never imported pointcloud before and it looks like I need to convert it first.

I might have a .blend file at work. I can’t remember. I’ll check on Monday.

I know this has probably been mentioned before, but have you discussed your method with pyroevil yet? His cubesurfer addon is pretty cool and there’s a demo out already.

I haven’t had time with development, but will say I’m almost done. & I’ve tested his addon, it’s pretty great.

Thanks for the tip. I hadn’t seen the cubesurfer addon. I’ll take a look. The client that I was researching this issue for had to put the project on hold, but I’ll check this out. We’ll need this capability eventually when the proj restarts.
Thanks!

Cool one, bro!
Did you ever see smorganic script?

I think it is the best results I have seen before - the secret is in a bevel around every edge of macro splashes.
Unfortunately I have no any programming skills to do the same.
May be you want to try? =)
Cheers.

My point is to compare real splashes I made with CG splashes I hate

Nobody knows?

Search for the cube surfer addon, does the job, and its available now.

Hi Alberto… what happened with this script? Looked really promising, did you drop the project?

Nope, I’ve been working on an addon called LiquidFx. http://Youtube.com/jesus650rwc