Win8/10 x64 crash...

Ive just put Linux Mint Cinnamon 17.1 on my machine, Blender works fine w/CUDA and proprietary Nvida(same ver.as above) driver.
Previously Windows 7 worked stable w/Blender to me. (dont ask why i changed to Win10 pls )))

Btw. Cant find system-info.txt in Linux Mint either.

Faulting module in Win 10:
C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.9132_none_08e30663a83e8762\MSVCR90.dll

So, not a hardware issue and since same Blender builds work on MS OS on different PCs… Seems like MS latest and greatest doesn’t favor your PC ;). Any BIOS upgrades from manufacturer may be? I’d be reluctant to do this though.

Hi, the system-info.txt is generated in Blender, open text editor in Blender and look for system-info.txt.
It is not written to your harddisk, all other files are in /tmp.

Cheers, mib

System info:

Would you explain build flags in Scons(as reported): /NODEFAULTLIB:msvcrt.lib /NODEFAULTLIB:msvcmrt.lib /NODEFAULTLIB:msvcurt.lib /NODEFAULTLIB:msvcrtd.lib

PS. 1) I got latest BIOS for my mb (Asus M4A87TD/USB3)
2) I have updated error ticket by M.Bastien https://developer.blender.org/T42871

Does it have anything to do with http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3007312/resolving-lnk4098-defaultlib-msvcrt-conflicts-with ???

Interesting link you’ve dug out. Honestly i was looking around for description of what this /NODEFAULTLIB does but i was looking in a context of scons so i failed.
Gangadhar’s blog mentioned on the page says clearly: “Never use /NODEFAULT:lib or /FORCE : once this problem enters your quickly ripples through everything, you can’t allow exceptions.”
Might be you’re experiencing results of some mentioned over there.

Must admit Iam sorta crazy about compiling Blender (Mitsuba, Luxrender, newest libs etc etc) )))
Now I am building debug version x64 cmake msvc 2013 - if you tell me what/how to test-I am open for the experiments ))

Ive Blender built with removed /NODEFAULT… from Cmake.txt but it didnt change a thing.

Btw. I download frequently daily Blender builds and this time looking on system-info.txt I found out goosebery and scons remarks in the build that was indicated as cmake msvc2013, Goosebery I never take anyway.

Debugger points to WinTAB driver.

UPDATE:

Hooray!
Have updated-reinstalled Huion Tablet driver and-no crash !
Thank you guys for your assistance, i’ll report to confirm things are still ok.
Btw. Have just build on Windows x64 CMake+MSVC2013+Cuda Toolkit 7.0 RC2.
I got the feeling Cuda 7.0 is a bit faster.