Wicca

I know enough to say,

I know nothing.

You should look into some wicca spells for warding off zombies :wink:

The view I have gathered about atheism is that they are people who simply say that nothing supernatural exists period, but likewise only believe in what they can see with their own eyes. I never heard of the idea of spirit belief being compatible with that.

And also, regarding the people who go from religion to atheism, there are many others who go the opposite way as well and conclude that science cannot explain everything. That is all I have to say on this point and all others, as anything beyond would warrant a full-blown religious debate.

oops double post

Agreed, I’m comfortable having a full-blown religious debate as there is always something I learn or take away from such conversations, it’s probably not best to do that in the blender forums :slight_smile:
But I just wanted to point out that atheism has nothing to do whatsoever with questions regarding spirits, ghouls or goblins, demons or monsters, ghosts or anything that may classify as supernatural outside of the existence of gods.
It’s strictly a position on god-belief.

Two thumbs up :slight_smile:

@Ace & Rigby: I used to be atheist, that is until I decided to put some serious thought into it. Atheists are not necessarily immoral, sure some are, just like any other group of like minded people, but in many cases they care quite a bit about others and merely differ in what they believe constitutes caring about others.

I think in a lot of cases, certainly not all, atheists have had poor experiences with religious people and/or religion in general and they transfer those negative feelings toward religion onto the idea of God. If religious people are not their kind of people then God must not be their kind of belief, the err here is that one does not necessarily have to do with the other.

One does not have to subscribe to an organized religion in order to believe in a God, one does not have to believe in the pre-existing ideas about God.

Of course just because I believe it to be erroneous to believe there is no God simply because one doesn’t care for the people that believe in him doesn’t mean that there is indeed a God, it just doesn’t mean that there certainly is not.

P.S. If the Christians are right then the Buddhists, the Hindus and the Jews are all wrong about who God is. If Islam is right then the Christians are wrong. If the Mormons are right then the Jesuits and the Sikhs are wrong. Maybe there is a God, but all the current religions are wrong about who he is and what he wants. Maybe…

It’s against the rules of the forum actually, that’s why I’m leaving it at that.

P.S. If the Christians are right then the Buddhists, the Hindus and the Jews are all wrong about who God is. If Islam is right then the Christians are wrong. If the Mormons are right then the Jesuits and the Sikhs are wrong. Maybe there is a God, but all the current religions are wrong about who he is and what he wants. Maybe…

One of the things with religions is that it’s possible to say that they could all be wrong, but it’s impossible to say that they can all be right (because they all have things that contradict views from the others).

Anyway, we’re getting too far off of the subject now, the guy just wanted some assistance in what he could do to raise his IQ level, the whole religion thing only came in because of what he thought would give him unlimited intelligence.

Sure, in some cases. Personally, I grew up with religious parents and most of the people at our church were quite nice and overall, looking back at it, I had a lot of fun and great times. Fun and great times just wasn’t enough to convince me of the gods people speak of though :wink:

Honestly I could care less about the existence or non-existence of gods, I have renders to work on!

@Rigby: Fair enough, I was probably somewhere around that area myself.

@Ace: Oh yeah, completely forgot about that. Where is the OP anyway?

And with that… we’re closing this thread as per the forum rules.