Why Blender?

wow, those are some great answers. Now id like to up the ante some. What do you guys think about Blender for making games? Is there anything you think is lacking? Ive never done high poly to low poly texture baking (normal maps and AO) in blender. Is it do-able? Does it work well when importing to something like unity? And how good is the Blender Game Engine (built in)? It’s pretty cool that there actually is a game engine but ive always wondered if it can comepete with other heavy hitters…

HP and LP u can make in blender really fast and efficient. Bakeing u can do in xNormal. is the best softwhere for that.

I have been a Maya Artist for 10+ years. I made the switch for many reasons.

1- I still use maya, but I can honestly tell you the modelling workflow feels better and is way faster

2- similar to max’s non-destructive methods of modelling with the use of modifiers.

3- I found simulations like particles and dynamics to be less taxing than in maya

4- No viewport 2.0 and Cycles are no comparison! Cycles and Vray are a closer comparison and what you view in cycles will be closer to your output. I have been a heavy user of mental ray, but after using cycles I cant even bring my self to wanting to use it anymore. Mental ray is still great but cycle just makes it so easy.

5- Strong and helpful community

6- It’s Free. Not only is it good for the budget, but if I go to any studio and I feel like working in blender instead of maya it is easier to argue the download of a free program vs $3,000 one.

7- the program never stops improving and the programmers are transparent and also take advice on what to improve

8- it is easy to use in conjunction with other big box software.

9- If I don’t have it in Blender there is most likely an addon ( that are also free!)

10- The sculpt tools especially dyntopo are fun to use and just look at the header and click on the beast image and watch his workflow and that should explain it all.

Look you are an experienced artist and I say this to everyone. These products are just tools for you to make art with whether you have a hammer, a brush, a chisel or a 3d package. An Artist can make any tool work and not the other way around.

It is a Free software and no one should not have to Sell you on it :wink: ( Did you get what I just did there?.. Free… Sell…:eyebrowlift: Don’t worry about it will work on the jokes later, lol) Bottom line is I encourage you to download it, try it out and let us know what you think or if you need help, post on the forums. As you can see lots of people are ready to help and give there opinions.

Word to the wise though, make sure you change your preferences early in the game to something that suits you. Have fun!!

@Authentic1 not sure if you’ve seen this free series, maybe a bit basic for you but I recommend it to anyone kicking the tires in blender. http://cgcookie.com/blender/cgc-courses/blender-basics-introduction-for-beginners/

Then there’s this available from the blender.org store meant for users transitioning from other packages. http://www.blender3d.org/e-shop/product_info_n.php?products_id=151

you won’t regret it:)

Because commercial software worth using is ridiculously expensive. I’m not buying that stuff even if I had that money and I don’t believe in piracy. However I think Blender developers are doing nice work and Blender is quite decent 3D software, although in some ways it’s “uneven” as there are some basic features I’d like to have, but they either don’t exist or can be done, but with some obscure complicated way.

Blender will cover all your bases for asset creation, theres really no reason not to have it in your toolbox. I was also a former Maya user and adopting Blender as a replacement certainly didnt hurt, nor did the quality of assets necessarily diminish. That said, I have fully switched over to Modo at this point and dont regret a thing. While Blender can compete, its achiles heel is that its just not consistent in its design and implementation. Thus it becomes one of the tools, a companion application that can take over the reins if need be, as opposed to the end all. Obviously though, if one cannot acquire certain commercial software legally due to the price point, Blender is going to be your best friend.

I started out a long time ago in 3d (Sculpt Animate 4d Amiga), switched to TrueSpace, then 3D Max 5/6, then Cinema4d 4,5,6,7,8.5, switched to Lightwave 6,7,8,9.6, and during that time got acquainted with Blender 2.3/2.4.

It clicked with me - I learned Blender way faster than Lightwave. I am pretty software agnostic - whatever works best for me and the job at hand (within financial reasons). At first Blender 2.49 became a companion app.

I never liked Maya’s workflow for some reason, but did work in SI and some other 3d apps along the way.
My experience with Modo is somewhat opposite to SaintHaven. I seriously tried Modo (couple of times, including the latest version), but personally found it lacking in workflow and it was extremely crash prone on my rig (Like Houdini it does not dance well with AMD/ATI hardware). Character animation, the material editor, and the destructive workflow I just did not like in Modo. But then again, Modo is not yet a full pipeline, and is still growing - many people seem to enjoy it. Every app has its pros and cons.

I love animating in Blender - it’s fast and fluid for me. The only thing I’d like to see improved is the sluggish and relatively low quality opengl viewport implementation at this point. This I see as a potential show stopper in the future - it MUST be addressed sooner rather than later. I sincerely hope for some progression in this particular area.

Blender’s workflow always somehow synchronized with my approach in 3d, and currently it is my main app, with both LW and C4d companions. For example, I use C4d for Xfrog. I use Lightwave for LWcad and some other things like the renderer for certain type of jobs.

Since I work on a three screen setup, one of my main concerns with 3d and 2d design applications is that they should have a GUI that accommodates that setup, and allows me to do whatever I want in terms of screen use. Blender excels at that: the GUI is ridiculously configurable compared to most other 3d apps. Only C4d and Blender deliver a fully flexible experience (for 95~99%) for me. Lightwave is quite rigid. So was Max.

Blender’s overall workflow is extremely fast, and I am looking forward to the additions and improvements the new collaborative open movie project will bring us. Another thing I love is the community, the fact I no longer have to be in the ‘rat race’ in terms of commercial software (for the most part), and the almost Christmassy feeling I get when I download a new version of Blender. I can take Blender with me on a thumb drive, and continue work effortlessly on Windows, Macs, and Linux machines.

I absolutely love the GPU render option in Cycles. My $200 second hand 590 allows me to preview and work on materials and textures with full lighting in real time, and being able to isolate objects in very complex scenes with the numpad </> key and still be able to work with GPU rendering on individual components has been a revolutionary breakthrough in my work. The full render I can then calculate on the CPU in the night (or make use of an online render farm if required).

The Add-ons are a great feature as well, as is the Python scripting. The modeling is fast and efficient. And the node-based material/texture/compositor are icing on the cake.

I would not care if Blender is free or not. It just works for me, and it has a, for the most part, complete pipeline. I use it for complex scenes and for game graphics, Unity, and so on. And it has been a surprisingly stable application - one of the most stable ones I have worked with in my career so far (only C4d is a bit more stable in my opinion).

Which is why I donate to the BF foundation every month - and I urge every user to donate a cup of coffee’s worth to it. :slight_smile:

Urghh - look at that: I merely wanted to write something quick and short!

Ahah SaintHaven, we have exactly contrary ideas on how it should run software :slight_smile:

I tried Maya and really dislike it (release 2011), also I have used modo for about two years here in studio, really a overestimated software, more hype than capabilities. Modo has one of the awkward workflow I ever seen. As I suspect it can like to Maya or LW users (also some MAx users can like it). Modo need a lot of customization, can be adapted (not totally) to your previous workflow, and this is a great thing (blender force you to adapt to his personal, not standard, workflow and are lesser flexible), but after customized a lot, installed etera and seneca’s script, add some shortcut, create my personal piemenu, adapted all tools troughs toolpipe, registered my personal macros I found modo a step backward compared to Softimage and Blender (I’m a not happy modo user from two years). Also, except LW, I don’t know another software needing a tool like Meshtool cleanup (because Modo can easily turn in mess your mesh with two vertex polygons and some other bad things…), what I save in modo is render capabilities, but after the arrive of a more mature cycles, Blender is, from my point of view, a better choice (also skinning and animation tools are really better in blender). At the moment I never seen a tutorial, or even some timelapse video where the user show how fast is Modo. All the video I seen, and from my directly experience, show a too clicks workflow (except some nice and smart tools like edge slice (where is very nice the etera customized pie menu), topopen and few others) and nothing so fast as can be Blender (or softimage or silo or Nvil)

Turn back to topic, Why blender? Probably if I doing VFX for film I’ll using something different, excluding the great Softimage (rip), probably I’ll using Houdini. But for character creation, modelling, paint texture and rendering IMO few software can be comparable to blender for speed, completeness, stability and quality.
Also, I don’t use blender for this reason, but as well written by SaintHaven, blender is free, as a great uvtool (modo UV are a bit better, but UVlayout are better than modo and blender) and has some nice features like sculpt, cycles and others. So what don’t learn a bit?

@Herbert123@ Fully quote what you (well) said.

I think (fanboy) the BGE is great. The main advantage it is embedded into Blender which simplifies the workflow a lot. Just a key press and you are in your game. (While this is a benefit in small projects it can be a pain in large projects as it supports organizational laziness).

It is very important to keep in mind that Blender and the BGE are two separate and different applications. The engine selection in the main bar contributes to this fact, by hiding/showing at least some of the available/unavailable UI elements when focusing on a game.

You are still free in your decision to choose another game engine in your workflow, even when it requires additional workflow steps (export/import).

The BGE itself is pretty straight forward (after you get used where to apply behavior). It comes with a nice GUI and forces you to think Object Orientated. The most basic behavior you need (~90%) is achievable with build-in logic by using a GUI. The customization via Python is pretty nice too and focuses onto the particular behavior (in opposite to create a large monolithic junk of “god” code).

Is it capable? … definitively yes … of creating Halo 3? … no, but it is more a problem with the skills in front of the monitor ;). It will be easier to get a Halo3 level editor.

Is it missing something?
Sure it will always miss features.

• licence issue if bundled with the blenderplayer
  • missing source protection
  • user friendly content/library support
  • content generation (beside pre-made content)
  • terrain streaming/generating

The BGE is quite useless for the following reasons:

• It’s saddled with GPL so you can’t sell the games you make. (well, you technically can, but let’s not get into legal quibbling)
  • It’s saddled with logic bricks. Some like them. Personally I despise them.
  • Lacks any kind of asset management other than Blender’s linking
  • Only supports Windows and Linux. There was a porting project for android but afaik it was never completed. No iOS or console support of any kind.
    Obviously this is just my opinion.

For creating game assets on the other hand, it’s a great tool. Modelling, texturing and animation-wise it will certainly get the job done. As far as baking is concerned, while you can use BI’s baker, I wouldn’t really recommend it. Stick with Xnormal. There are addons that integrate it into Blender, so it’s pretty easy to use that way. Also keep an eye out for the new Cycles baker which is in development right now. Dalai Felinto who’s on the job is taking feedback very seriously and it looks like it’s going to be great.

One caveat you should know about though is the limited support Blender gets from commercial engine developers. If the engine takes basic Collada or Fbx files, it will probably work, but most proprietary engine-specific formats will be unsupported. Also, middleware authoring tools like nvidia’s Apex clothing or Allegorithmic’s Substance designer simply won’t work until the authors pull their head out of their backsides.

For sure, from my POV…there is nothing awkward about Modo that I can see outside of the Shader Tree and perhaps baking workflow, more or less because its different not necessarily worse. The action center, like Blender’s 3d cursor is just plain weird but once you see the name as local and world, and know how to click in the viewport to change the cursor location…its pretty easy (reminds me a bit of Zbrush’s Transpose widget). The baking side is a bit convoluted but theres are more of that convolutedness in Blender at the moment. I had to do the same thing with Modo that I had to do with Blender, which is make a few slight changes. In Modo it was turn off track ball roation (which is great for sculpting and painting btw) and turn on show inactive as active. This basically makes it look and feel like any other 3d application. Takes less than a minute to do this, and it can all be done by pressing O to open the viewport menu.

So after seriously working with Modo for a bit now, I can say its faster and better. Sentiment shared by many who give Modo a chance. I’m not sure how far you dug into the modeling workflow, but, depending on the tools used its not only incredibly fast but more importantly, consistent. The only times I had to use the Mesh Clean up opperation was to automatically fix some face normals and merge some verts…but I could have just as easily used the merge vertex tool. Modo’s selection workflow is by far one of the best I have seen so far, you spend less time getting your selections right because its coded in such a way where it might as well be reading your mind.

Did you end up using 701 or some previous version of Modo btw? What I found amazing was how well each mode and tool works in Modo. Its intelligently done. The retopo pen lets you just drag extrude and snap to whatever you see fit, add and move edge loops with the click of a button. Symmetry is extremely easy, no modifiers needed (though I do miss having modifiers for some things). For game artist who want to make LODs, the mesh reduction tool is bloody brilliant! Just click and drag and the mesh’s resolution goes down dynamically. Thats how many of the tools in modo work, you select them, and click on the viewport to activate it, then its either a drag to change a value or an action via widget. Once done, drop the tool. Super easy and very effective. The tube creation tool is brilliant, solid sketch lets you pull out shapes and form in a matter of seconds.

As for the UVs, it has one of the best and most intelligent UV editting tools I have seen so far. Perfect unwraps in a matter of seconds as opposed to minutes, you dont even need to go around and mark edges. Blender’s UV system is awkward, and its inconsistent with how one interacts with the viewport. With Blender there were so many more steps one had to take to get everything up and running, and many of them were all over the UI. In modo its all in the same area, like Maya. This is the consistency some of us were stressing on the developer.blender.org comments.

Painting, its up there with 3d coat. Control picks the color underneath the cursor, shift blends, right click drag changes the brush size, control click drag changes the falloff. I can paint on multiple layers, spec, transparency, diffuse, bump, even emission maps. Any change in the image is automatically updated in Modo, so no need to manually reload them. Sculpting is extremely solid, much cleaner result over Blender, but blender feels more “zbrushy”, this can make sculpting in Modo seem weird, but its fantastic for getting clean and sharp sculpts… not necessarily the finer details. Blender has issues with the finer details as well, especially with alphas.

I havent gotten into the animation side, but from what I hear its both better and worse. Worse in that its not complete, and better because it takes the messiah approach.

With the Foundry backing it now, its only going to get better, though probably more expensive.

But I can understand where you are coming from too, I haded Modo at first until it “clicked”. Its hard to say why, but the ease and speed of modeling has gone up since switching to it. For just a dedicated modeler though, its not entirley worth it though unless you get the steam edition for $150.

All that said, its good to see other packages ouside of Autodesk continue to “level up” and offer some real competition. Blender included. =)

I use Blender here at DICE LA on Battlefield 4 DLC for small items. I like it because it has great modeling tools and I can paint my textures quickly without opening another package. It also imports and exports fbx now which is essential to our pipeline. I have to go through an extra process to make the export up to date but that’s not a big deal and I hear the fix for that is coming soon… which brings me to another point about Blender… it has great community support. When I was working on CoD: Ghosts, I was in contact with the guy who made the Blender to CoD exporter and he wrote me a special exporter for all the new features in that engine. That was amazing! It was like having a tools scripter on your team. Very powerful feature. :wink:

Even the fbx support came from the community (including me) saying that we needed this to do our jobs. A few months later someone sat down, did the work and Blender inserted it into the software. That’s a crazy thing if you think about it. If you had a hundred people write Autodesk emails all day long I don’t think you could get that result.

So here’s why I use Blender:

• The program is powerful… better at some things, worse at others but all around extremely competitive with other packages. The pluses for me far outweigh the minuses. There are things I can do in Blender that I cannot do in other packages (paint textures, sculpt, composite… all inside Blender)

• It’s Open Source. We use the word “free” but honestly, it’s better than free, it’s Open Source! You could take Blender and make it whatever you want for whatever your project and have access to all the code.

• It’s got the best community of any 3D software hands down. People here are polite and willing to help others. After meeting Ton at Sigraph, I realized the community is an extension of the man. He’s super nice and willing to help you any way he can. It makes people WANT to use and improve his software.

• It runs on Mac, Linux and Windows. Unlike 3D Studio Max and Lightwave, Blender runs on everything. Maya does also, in it’s defense… but other than Maya and Blender, what else runs on all 3 natively?!

I’ve been using Blender now for only about 2 years but I’m really becoming a true fan. :slight_smile:

P.S. Decimate is awesome for making LODs.

Heya Tommy,

Dont forget MODO! (mac, win, linux) lol http://www.cgchannel.com/2013/03/luxology-previews-modo-for-linux/
And for LODs, mesh reduction tool is a godsend! Also has a substance designer integration so the pipeline for game assets is incredibly fast.

I agree with the community part, its probably the best (and sometimes worse) part of Blender. Some of the comments I see on the irc channels drive me to want to use other software though… stuff like “if you used autodesk software, we dont want you to use blender” and “blender isnt for your types”. On the other hand the majority of users, especially professional users, are far more helpful and less offsetting.

Hi SaintHaven,

One of the other reasons I hesitated about Modo is that it got bought by the Foundry, and I am unsure about what those guys have in mind in regards to future pricing. I would not be surprised if 801 will cost $1995 - but we will see what happens. It’s reasonably affordable now, but I have been burned before by Maxon which increased the upkeep so much it became financially unbearable. Newtek has been very, very friendly so far in terms of upkeep.

And Modo just does not play well with AMD - it is quite slow on my system. I do like the painting and SD support, though.

On the other hand, Modo just did not click with me.

Wow I’m surprised that blender is slowly getting into serious game development, you are really working on DICE?? I mean this is amazing!:eek: , I don’t know how your comment doesn’t have more replies…by the way the pipeline allows to implement blender at certain percentage but how much? Do you think blender is capable to be used in a real world scenario? and by that I mean, using it as the main 3d software…

Well, I like using Blender because there are several reasons , The first reason is It’s a great 3d package for modeling , animation , rendering etc , to be honest before l installed it, I was thinking that blender is a simple 3d program , that s why it’s free probably , however I realised that l was totally wrong after l installed and started to learn it … I’m happy with what l got in Blender , still it’s really great advantage to get it for free … I’ve never used Maya , but watched its tutorials in youtube ,and l think it has no Limit in animation but still I m a huge blender fan . If l have to have a choice between maya and blender … I’d go for Maya because Im interested in Animation , Again Blender meets with my expectations and easy to use after learning the tools so l m happy with it , and after this point l dont think l could swap it easily

I used modo from release 501 to now, at 701 (not upgrade to sp5, because some script don’t work correctly).
After the initial impact we work a lot on it, the boss purchased two seat so must be used (sigh!).
I study a lot the sotware, as I said I customized it, used script, follow tutorials by Luxology (rip), but I didn’t find nothing in it so fast as softimage, or silo, or blender or nvil. I agree with you, topo pen is very good, knife is a pity compared to blender, and also many other tool are over complicated. You mentioned a bit about workflow, well, is a continuous click on the gui, then use click on the viewport, turn back on the gui etc. etc. The best example is knife in modo (key C), if you cut in a middle of the edge you need to turn back on the gui and check a box, cut, then need to cut not in the middle, so must uncheck the previous box…

Another incredible frustrating workflow is the snapping tool, pretty stupid overcomplicated and buggy, if you desable all from the damn F11 tab it continue to work (need to click the button or press the X key) and i you want to make a simple vertex snapping need three or four option.

Best part is the macros, but more scripts you use, more unstable becoming.
The total absence of hystori is a cons, not a pro. The some for the destructive workflow in rigging.

In modo you can unwrap like blender, marking the edge (simple selecting it) or using plane, cubic cylindrical etc. etc. I think is better, but not so superior to Blender (in any cases Uvlayout is better)

Except some nice idea, I don’t see so much superiority in modo selections, I guess you are primarily a Maya guy, and work and think in “maya style” (is not intended as offensive phrase)

I repeat a point, can you find a fast modelling video done in modo like there is for blender or softimage?

However everyone has personal preference, also I’m sure for some job modo can be better (I doing characters for digital prototyping, for still image and animation), and no one prevent you to use blender with other software

I Have worked in Maya, and prefer Blender. I find it is just better for me to use. It is also Blender community A+++.

Odd, I find most of the tools a bit under complicated as opposed to over complicated, unless you mean the tool properties, which has many different settings you can use for different behavior. Some tools feel unessary, like the Smooth Shift tool, but thats not really a con since it just doent need to be used. Whats important is that all the basics are there, and they work very well. Most of the time all you need to do is just right click on the selection and the context sensitive menu will give you the opperation you need. Example, select two verts, right click and hit split polygon. Done. Easy. Also one doesnt have to go back to the UI, its often a habit people form but there are clearly multiple ways to do the same thing in Modo, whether if its from the right click menu, hotkey or pie menu. Theres an option to turn off the need to drop the tools if thats really an issue. It hasnt slowed me down though, since in the long run the general workflow is faster due to the fact the artist doesnt have to fight with the mesh or ui to get there results they want. To put it this way, Modo feels clean and calculated in its execution, where as some of the other app workflows feel more like quick and messy. Speed is a hard one to judge though because its entirely subjective and based off the individual artist. For me, its faster both in the short term and long term asset creation process. While its paced slow enough to be followed as a tutorial, just watching this quick series should show how quick and painless it can be: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMkOFX4Ks0s

I agree about the knife tool, its pretty good in Blender though I think you are over exaggerating on the cut tool in Modo. Its quite functional, easy to drag, snap and or cut. In short, its very easy to use, I agree it could be better though.

Another incredible frustrating workflow is the snapping tool, pretty stupid overcomplicated and buggy, if you desable all from the damn F11 tab it continue to work (need to click the button or press the X key) and i you want to make a simple vertex snapping need three or four option.

You are describing Blender’s snapping tools perfectly. Both Modo and Blender have a horrible snapping workflow to be objectively honest here. Maya wins in that department. I still think Modo’s snapping is better than blender’s though. Just tell it what you want to snap (vertex, edge, face…ect) then click on where you want the pivot point/transform widget to be and drag it onto whatever you want it to snap to. Far from being overly complex or with many steps. Theres a snapping pie menu that can be access with as well. Dont forget Blender still doesnt have proper grid snapping yet.

I dont see modo’s snapping as frustrating, its just Maya’s is better in my opinion, though that also means its more hotkey focused…which is not necessarily a good thing for tablet use. Modo’s is more tablet based in that approach (and most other approaches as well). So thats the pro and con to each in my opinion.

Best part is the macros, but more scripts you use, more unstable becoming.
The total absence of hystori is a cons, not a pro. The some for the destructive workflow in rigging.

Of course theres a history list, its called the “command history” panel and it can accessed by clicking on the little arrow to the left of the list tab. You can directly undo at any point on that list with a click of the button. Are you sure you are using Modo? Try to learn it inside and out?

I currently have about 6 full featured scripts in place and I havent had any problems. Macros are a bit different than scripts, but so far I havent found the need to make use of the pipeline panel yet, and theres where you can make macros. Its also where you can access and turn on and off certain opperations, so its not completely destructive. I agree though that having a completely non destructive toolset is nice, but its not a requirement. The more direct approach is preferable in my opinion, though each method has its pros and cons. I would love to see some sort of modifier stack in Modo in the same way as 3ds max and blender, but thats a perk rather than a must have. “destructive” is also a bit misleading, it has a negative connoation, which I dont believe is deserved.

I cant really comment on the animation side so far, but one animator I was talking to said its incredibly easy to rig and share rigs with similar meshes due to how it can bind and unbind. I really dont know more than that.
Granted, Blender is a solid when it comes to animation so this is not to imply Blender is inferior in any way regarding that.

In modo you can unwrap like blender, marking the edge (simple selecting it) or using plane, cubic cylindrical etc. etc. I think is better, but not so superior to Blender (in any cases Uvlayout is better)

I think its absolutely superior to Blender’s UV editor, which is mess. Theres a bit of bias here though since I absolutely hate how the UV editor works in Blender. It doesnt behave like most other UV editors and if it was vastly better than the alternatives, it could get away with it, but its not…thus it becomes far more frustrating. Additionally, Modo’s UV system is just plain out smarter. You just tear and sew, or cut and relax to get near perfect results. Theres even a special tool for unwrapping tubes, pipes and wires perfectly. Its easy to just copy and paste multiple UV and UV channels together.

Except some nice idea, I don’t see so much superiority in modo selections, I guess you are primarily a Maya guy, and work and think in “maya style” (is not intended as offensive phrase)

How can you not? It has the quickest method of both basic and advanced selections on the market today. Hell you can even select in patterns, it reads topology very well to make selections the artist is trying to get with just a click of the mouse, arrow keys make it even greater. In blender you have to paint select with a selection brush, you cant even rotate the viewport. Modo its just the right mouse button that can paint selections. A few arrow presses and you can flip through edge loops individually or in groups. Really man, its obvious to anyone that trys modo that the selection method is by far one of the best out there. It speeds up the workflow considerably.

As for the maya guy… and maya style, not sure qhat you are implying. Maya works on a “right tool for the right job” basis. Its direct. Most other 3d apps are as well. Maya and Blender have a lot in common actually, they have the right tools for the right job kind of approach, the difference is Blender can also pull from a modifier stack in addition to its destructive toolset. Modifiers are only one part of the pipeline, the the only part. Modo is different in that it has the right tools for the right job, but also keeps it simple enough to where you can create your own tools from that selection and create the many behaviors associated with a larger toolset via the tool pipe panel.

I repeat a point, can you find a fast modelling video done in modo like there is for blender or softimage?

I repeat, I just gave you a video and also explained why the premise you are proposing is invalid. Different artist work differently, not everyone uploads speed modeling on the internet nor is it important. Why? Because if you are an artist, and have a brain, then you would be able to watch even the paced tutorials and look at the existing toolset and see why it can be faster. What you are doing is trying to give me some irrelevant condition in which I have to go out and look around for videos for you, which is silly. Why not look for the Modo is for Artist video Brad P put out awhile back, or watch that series I linked you to earlier. The speed is there, and if any of those annoyances in modo bug you, use common sense and turn them off. Cmon now…

However everyone has personal preference, also I’m sure for some job modo can be better (I doing characters for digital prototyping, for still image and animation), and no one prevent you to use blender with other software

This is true, some applications are better suited for certain types of work. If you are doing characters for digital prototyping, aka concepting, then you should really only be using Zbrush. I wouldnt use many other applications for that kind of work, not even Blender. If you dont like Zbrush’s renderer, then keyshot is often used.

Dont forget Alan Hastings and some other big names are working on Modo. Its a given that the features they do put in will be intelligently designed.

At the end of the day, these are all software solutions/tools. Whatever works best for the individual is good enough. Blender has its community, rate of development, and open/accessible nature going for it. It will always be that safety net and either a primary or companion app to help in the asset creation process. Lets hope it can continue polishing itself into something amazing.

1- faster modeling experience the best one for me
2- i think the most important dev hear your ideas
3- Blender is elegant and is the only 3d modeling app that can mimic other 3d software theme " maya, modo, hexagon, zbrush" be confortable
4- fast bug fixing
5- the best community
6- full suite you can do everything in blender in companion with Krita, gimp, inkscape so nice…:yes:
7- lots of addons to easy your life
8- A good sculpting tools
9- A good game engine integrate
10- and it will be better and better muahahahaha i love blender