Who here thinks about living "off the grid" , AMAZING discovery!

With manure you can biodigest it and capture methane, cows are really bad for the planet though, not to mention they are like large bacteria bladders…

This inspires me to live off grid very much

This kind of reminds me of making SunTea… where you just take a big glass jar and put water and teabags in it and set in the sun to heat up for about an hour and it does the cooking for you … no stove required…

It also kind of reminds me of a guy from SanSalvador who use to make beer by taking all the apple and orange and other other fruit peelings and put them in a bowl and set it on his stove … (he never turned a burner on the stove under this bowl) but the heat from just doing regular cooking on that stove would cause the fruit leftovers to ferment… he would at a bit of water and sugar every few days and a month later he would have some Fine Shine… :yes::spin::no:

ive gotta admit, theres been some GREAT stuff posted here!

heres my 2 cents…

bio digestor to extract methane from feces and make good fertiliser…
fertiliser to be used in a green house to grow plants (im thinking big here, like a polytunnel)…
Rocket stove to heat your house…
almost pure Co2 from the rocket stove is piped into the greenhouse :slight_smile:

and there you have it!
with a few craps and sticks, you have a efficient system to grow food and heat your house!!!
plus leftover methane to cook with!
(i wonder if it smells like farts when you burn it?) haha

A link to the article?

The grid, with the fences, the vineyards…live off it.

Attachments

http://www.bioenergywiki.net/Gasification

Check out the film ‘Garbage Warrior’ for some back story.

There is no article, I have been designing this for a long time,
I wish I had some more power tools and materials to try it out,

Solar gasification is already underway by a company in Colorado,

gasifiers work using temperature,

Algae is biomass

Algae is very easy to grow, (look at any pool I ever owned)

http://www.pre.ethz.ch/research/projects/?id=algae

More bio fuel - not just from algae, but what grows around us.

Attachments

I ran across these pics on my computer today and though I would throw them in…
this was an Earthship build done near Estancia New Mexico… south and some what east of Albuquerque…

All very inspiring stuff, im gonna look into your research on that solar gassifier today :slight_smile: