wheel rotation script v0.63 (blender2.6x)

is there a blender 2.5 version?

thanks Gert, linked.

Did not read all scripts, used your model and the to 2.63 translated script (with activation gui) :wink: very very advanced! Works nearly 100%, there is somewhere either my missing knowledge or a small error somewhere in the script.
The wheels are strangely rotating see the pictures for frame 167 and 168 :yes:

Attachments

Hi,
I know this is an old thread, but I could really use this for an animation I am doing atm. I got the script to work, but I would need the wheels to rotate around the X axis, not the Y axis.
I really have 0.0% understanding of python and therefore no idea how to adjust this. :frowning: I tried rotating my whole setup by 90°, but this messed up the location of everything in it. :c
Any help would be greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

Kha’jay, sure I can help, but I don’t have a test scene for this anymore… If you could post your .blend or PM it to me if you want it to remain private?

Thank you very much for offering your help! :slight_smile: The current blender file can be found here: http://sta.sh/0k8yibinj3
The wheels don’t even have to have steering, I just need them to rotate along the NurbsPath with panel_car as parent (so that they move at the same pace as the car, just rotating accordingly to the distance covered). Thank you again! :slight_smile:

Kha’jay, I finally got some time to do this, the adapted wheel addon is downloadable here.

I set the addon to kick in on frame 76 (you can change this yourself in the addon file itself at the beginning) and rotation of the wheels works nicely now, don’t forget to put them straight to start with (they were rotated in the file you sent me).
Yeah, I really should have some time to put into this addon to make it more user-friendly, but then, it works!

It works GREAT, thank you so much paleajed! :smiley: I’m sorry for the inconvenience, I just really have zero knowledge of python and appreciate your help so, so much! :slight_smile: It’s already great that you provide such a great script for free!