Wega's Sketches

Windows updater forced my computer to restart over the night, closing down Blender as well so I lost my render

OHHH I hate that when it happens, I can’t tell you how many times it has happened to me.

Well, while it may not be your favorite, I’m sure you still learned something from it. I think what throws it off the most is the very dark cabinets. I think a different choice of color would add a lot to this render. But of course color and material choices are very subjective.

Yeah well my idea to this project was the black cabinets, but I couldnt get it to work as I pictured it in my head.
But yeah, I still learned something, especially about how to prioritize my time while working woth a deadline :slight_smile:

Awesome stuff. I’m getting into archviz as well. Your stuff is inspiring and I’ll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Can you download the video tutorials from arcacademy? How big are they?

Thank you TwoDeer, thats motivating for me to hear :slight_smile:

And yes you can download them, and they vary quite a bit in size and length, but a 49 min video is 169mb as an example.

Awesome. Sounds like they’re not too huge. Time for me to go back to archviz studying :slight_smile:

amazing work… hope to see some tutorials on your lighting and texturing setups some day…

Thanks norvman :slight_smile:
About lighting it’s actually a lot of trial and error, and trying to figure out what I want to do with the light. And for the textures, it’s about getting a good UV unwrap and then getting the right mix of gloss and bump, for it to look realistic. I still have a long way to go though, so I dont think I’m “good enough” to make tutorials :slight_smile:

I dont think I’m “good enough” to make tutorials

Rule one in the open source community… If people are asking “howed you do that ?” your ready to start doing tuts…

Open source is built on sharing…

That’s part of what makes Blender so great… it’s an automatic learning community… free of charge…

which helps us all to get up to speed quicker, better, and with more creative idea than in a priority enviorment…

Doesn’t mean we don’t try to support (monitarilly) one another now and again… but the ‘requirement’ to do so has been taken away… it’s great for bringing in new ideas… which is the ‘life blood’ of the creative process…

Finally I got an update again :slight_smile:

It’s bathroom week:

This one turned out ok I think, bit I do feel that something is needed in the foreground, but i couldn’t figure out what to put there, that diddnt look odd.
Let me hear what you guys think.

Nice work Wega. I can see you getting better and better. :slight_smile:

Very nice Wega… It’s kind of a tough challenge to figure out what to really put in the forground. Maybe some other kind of towel / bathrobe rack would be a possibility or maybe a plant or vase. But in someways I think it may detract from the nice job you have done
on the other main bathroom elements.

What are those square things supposed to be on the ledge of the shower?

Looks like supports for the glass in front of the slippers. It’s difficult to see with the way it blends with the walls behind it.

Thanks for the comments guys :slight_smile:

Harley: Yes I was afraid that adding something in the foreground would take up too much “space”, it still feels a bit empty though. I’m not sure what squares you are referring to, but if it is the two gray ones bellow the glass, Xraygunner is right, those are supports for the glass plate.

It’s difficult to see with the way it blends with the walls behind it

Proof that my old eyes continue to let me down now and again. :slight_smile: I completely missed the glass, so I now see what those squares were for. But I guess it would lead me to a couple of comments.
-I wonder if you should experiment with slightly tinting that glass?
-Maybe something as simple as a small chrome beveled edge around the edge of the glass would make the glass more visable.

In real life I think that could possibly be a safety issue… I will have to consult with Inspector Payola and get his thoughts :slight_smile:

How did you do the throw rug? 100% texturing or did you go with the hair? … or even some other method?

Wega, these all look amazing! You’re doing a fantastic job!

your work looks awesome man:) one question tho, how much experience did you have with blender before you took on this course? because it looks very interesting, but i do not know if it would be useful for me just yet (modeling speed, learning curve) because I am very new to blender.

thanks for the tips man:)

Signed,
-Jintei

Hello Wega,

your work truly looks amazing! keep it up:)
I have a question for you, if you don’t mind.
I recently started working with Blender (and 3D in general) and I saw this architectacadamy as well. is that something someone with zero to none experience in blender (me) can benefit from? or is it better to know your way around blender before taking part in something like that?
thanks for the help man! and keep up the good work, looking forward to see more of your work.

-Jin